What's new

Living in Tooele County

This is my main concern, actually-- not knowing anybody out there, and no one wanting to come visit us because it's so isolated from Salt Lake. Are they in Tooele itself, or one of the surrounding communities? Do they have kids? What part of Salt Lake do they commute back to for work?
They live behind (east) the grocery store. Macy's? Ream's? Can't remember which chain. He drives for Sysco delivering food to restaurants so he literally leaves at like 2 am. She works in WVC. His mom watches their two boys (3 yrs and like 9 months) in the NW West Jordan area. What usually ends up happening is they stay at the babysitter ' s house waaaaaay too late because they don't want to drive home to drive back into SLC where their friends and family are. He's pretty much a zombie.

I've known people who commute from Tooele. I really can't imagine sticking myself out in that **** hole and then spending a few hours a day commuting because of it.

I don't care what the property costs. Unless your job is in Tooele it makes no sense. Even then, I'd probably prefer to live in SLV and commute to Tooele so that when I have free time I'm not stuck in Tooele.

I work with several people in the Stansbury & Grantsville area. None of them mind the commute. However, we work near the airport so it's quite the convenient I-80 ride. I also deal with plenty of Kennecott people who commute the opposite direction and they don't mind it either.

I would rather commute from Tooele than from Daybreak, Herriman, or even my current 2.5-3 hour commute from Utah County. It's all highway.

I've known people who commute from Tooele. I really can't imagine sticking myself out in that **** hole and then spending a few hours a day commuting because of it.

I don't care what the property costs. Unless your job is in Tooele it makes no sense. Even then, I'd probably prefer to live in SLV and commute to Tooele so that when I have free time I'm not stuck in Tooele.

This uh... pretty much sums it up. Unless you need miles and miles of desert and land to go play motorbike/4wheeler on EVERY WEEKEND, you're better off in SLC.