What's new

Lockout!!!

To hell with baseball. It's the easiest to negotiate. The small teams are basically farm teams for the Yankees and Red Sox and everyone accepts this and embraces it.

The Cardinals have accepted their just a farm team that will never win the series.

Baseball is the Ambien of the sports world.

It makes me happy any year that the evil empire (NY) and evil empire part duex (BOS) and the new jr. evil empire (PHI) don't win it all and even more happy if they miss the playoffs.

The difference is one player can make MUCH MUCH more of an impact then they can or do in baseball (or football).

Everyone knows the courts will take years. The players are hoping for an out of court settlement. Actually, both sides are. Stern is right, this is a negotiating tactic. But if the players don't put teeth to it, it can't be anything more and the players then don't even have that negotiating tactic. 0 leverage.

Could be the owners are realizing the players are serious about missing the season if the owners ask for too much.

Or more likely the owners are realizing the deal they had, even with a few more minor tweaks, is much too lucrative to allow the players to continue setting themselves on fire.

Don't understand the players

Players might be realizing the courts won't be getting to it in time to save the season and are ready to fold.

After last year the NBA's popularity was on an upswing and now because of the players and their greed, they are going to destroy the NBA...

Don't these idiots realize that if the league prospers, their paychecks will go up?? Helping the small market clubs benefits EVERYONE in the long run... Look at the NFL as an example...

But this is what happens when you have a bunch of thugs and "pretending" good guys (Derek Fisher) running the players union...

I hope Derek enjoys playing away from his family in Europe... But then again, I'm sure that wanting to play for LA had nothing to do with his daughter in the first place..

This is a case, unlike the NFL, where the players are expecting too much... It's actually laughable if you ask me... And 10 years down the road when the NBA is no more popular then professional Rugby, I hope these idiots look back and realize how dumb they were...

Greed transcends into stupidity and these players are a prime example of that...

Have fun in Europe Fisher... The phony will probably announce his retirement soon... Wouldn't that be a slap in the face to the rest of the players in the league...

POS..:mad:

Those ****ers. Striking and asking for raises.

POS... :mad:

I can understand "meager" wages and striking based on those reasons, but cmon Numberica, these jokers are making millions of dollars and your superstars are making more with their marketing ventures...

It's a joke... If the NBA continues to neglect the small market teams in the league, the entire league as a whole will suffer...

Any monkey can see that...

And to me, the players shouldn't make a higher percentage than the owners anyway... It's ridiculous... The players aren't taking any risks... But if a player doesn't pan out for an owner, they don't have a clause in their contract requiring them to take a pay cut... Do they??

You can side with the players all you want, but it's not like they're getting reamed... Their contracts are comparable to other big name sports leagues and they are guaranteed whatsmore (I'll bet the NFL players would love a provision like that)...

I can understand "meager" wages and striking based on those reasons, but cmon Numberica, these jokers are making millions of dollars and your superstars are making more with their marketing ventures...

It's a joke... If the NBA continues to neglect the small market teams in the league, the entire league as a whole will suffer...

Any monkey can see that...

And to me, the players shouldn't make a higher percentage than the owners anyway... It's ridiculous... The players aren't taking any risks... But if a player doesn't pan out for an owner, they don't have a clause in their contract requiring them to take a pay cut... Do they??

You can side with the players all you want, but it's not like they're getting reamed... Their contracts are comparable to other big name sports leagues and they are guaranteed whatsmore (I'll bet the NFL players would love a provision like that)...

They have been doing it since the start of the league and it hasn't suffered that much.

The players don't get tax breaks from owning an NBA team do they? The players don't get a % of the profits if the owner sells the team do they?

Just like many people say "If you don't like playing in the NBA and being treated like a slave, go to Europe" well "If you don't like paying NBA players, sell your team".