What's new

Long Time Reigning RoY and DPoY Requesting Trade

I know I posted this mostly for entertainment value, hence the title. Also since it is the slow period of the NBA season it is a little something to talk about.

Between PHI fans and Simmons and his fans there is, to me, a bit of animosity built up between them and the Jazz. I in no way meant for this to be a trade thread for the Jazz.

Heck for PHI fans it goes back to them laughing that Gobert was even close to as good as Nerlens Noel...... so yeah

I saw that and thought the same thing, it would be the one Cali team he could go to and not hurt the Jazz, also SAC would have the most to offer PHI in the trade. Well GSW could offer same or more but they likely wouldn't feel the need to like SAC would.

No other Cali team would want him, GSW and the LA teams aren't giving up any assets for a guy who can't shoot.

I wouldn't mind him on the team for cheap, but he is a really bad fit here unless his shot miraculously improved. The only role I could see for him is off the bench with 4 shooters on the court and that isnt worth giving whatever it would take to get him.

His best fit is with Minny. Next to KAT and D'Angelo who are good shooters and could use a good defender playmaker next to them. But they arent trading Edwards so at that point no idea who Philly would want. Would they give up Malik for Simmons? Maybe Prince, Beverly and some picks would be good for both teams? D'Angelo, Malik, Edwards, Simmons, KAT is a good team on paper if you could make that work.