What's new

Longest Thread Ever

That's too technical a discussion for me to bother. You simply don't have enough of an understanding of the current state of the art in cosmology. So I don't understand why you feel so confident asking that question. It's not like you studied the various ideas on the origin of reality, and came to the conclusion that some things are unexplainable.
?? I'm not confident in asking anything or pretend to know things I don't. I'm just coming from a layman perspective, and pondering really a simple question. Science is always about verifiability and causality right? Then where do all matters come from if it cannot create itself?

?? I'm not confident in asking anything or pretend to know things I don't. I'm just coming from a layman perspective, and it's really a simple question. Science is always about verifiability and causality right? Then where do all matters come from if it cannot create itself?

I gave you an answer. There are responses to your question within the realm of rational thought. But I'm not motivated to try and explain any of them. If you're serious about what the state of knowledge is on the subject, then you can research it. You'd have a deeper understanding of the meaning of your question, and more nuanced ways to think about and formulate questions about the origin of the universe, if nothing else.

I gave you an answer. There are responses to your question within the realm of rational thought. But I'm not motivated to try and explain any of them. If you're serious about what the state of knowledge is on the subject, then you can research it. You'd have a deeper understanding of the meaning of your question, and more nuanced ways to think about and formulate questions about the origin of the universe, if nothing else.
So just give me a straight answer then, what is Science's answer to the origin of the universe?

So just give me a straight answer then, what is Science's answer to the origin of the universe?

What part of "I'm not motivated to explain" don't you understand? I don't think you're interested. Why would I expend the considerable effort needed to explain to you even the basics of quantum and relativity theories required to start the discussion? I know it won't matter.

What part of "I'm not motivated to explain" don't you understand? I don't think you're interested. Why would I expend the considerable effort needed to explain to you even the basics of quantum and relativity theories required to start the discussion? I know it won't matter.

Well I was expecting you to just say it's The Big Bang or it's the Multiverse, and then I was gonna say, ok, but who created the Multiverse .

Well I was expecting you to just say it's The Big Bang or it's the Multiverse, and then I was gonna say, ok, but who created the Multiverse .

WHO created the multiverse? Do you know something I don't?

It's not a meaningful question. It assumes that things can only be created by an intelligent agent.
Well if it is observed by Science that 'physical' things cannot create itself (100% proven), then doesn't it follow that we have to look for an 'immaterial' matter/being to be the creator?

Well if it is observed by Science that 'material' things cannot create itself (100% proven), then doesn't it follow that we have to look for an 'immaterial' matter/being to be the creator?

What gibberish.

Do you agree 100% of the times a physical material cannot 'create' another physical material? i.e., a rock cannot create another rock, a human cannot create a rock, etc, etc, etc.

This is hilarious. Are you talking about the conservation of energy?

When you're saying zero there has to be a context. Zero of what? Nothing is simply a void of anything.

But zero is a representation of nothing. It doesn't need context. Nothing is zero things.

What. is. your. point.

My point is that there isn't a difference between "something" and "nothing" from a fundamental logic perspective. Zero can be made out of things that aren't zero. What you're saying is some observation about how our existence works (can you magically create things out of nothing??).