What's new

Looks Like No Messina :(

That the Spurs got him means even more that the Jazz should have hired him in some sort of capacity.

Tanking for Duncan vs. tanking for Gordon.
Parker vs. Lopez
Leonard vs. Burks
Messina vs. Snyder

For us trying to emulate the Spurs, I sure wish we'd emulate the Spurs. What the hell. I'm only two hours outside San Antonio.

Parker vs. Lopez
Leonard vs. Burks
Messina vs. Snyder

For us trying to emulate the Spurs, I sure wish we'd emulate the Spurs. What the hell. I'm only two hours outside San Antonio.

I'm pumped about Snyder tbh.

And the Leonard > Burks talk is way overblown, imo.

Parker vs. Lopez
Leonard vs. Burks
Messina vs. Snyder

This is such a whiner perspective.

A few things:

1. Leonard got put in the perfect system. A system that we didn't have. I doubt he'd be as good had he played for Corbin, piling up DNP's, and on a team that doesn't move the ball. Everyone on the Spurs passes, almost no one on the Jazz did, or does. Burks was in conversations to be a top 5 pick in 2011, and slipped to us. Burks had an elite NBA skill (drawing fouls and getting to the rim), Kawhi just had measurements. 14 other teams passed on Kawhi as well. Burks isn't done developing, and he if last season (first w/ real minutes) was any indication, he may surprise a lot of people.

2. Messina is intriguing for sure, but he is a european great. Games are played once a week there. Snyder makes a lot more sense. Messina will be an assistant in San Antinio, not an HC. Snyder also wanted him as an assistant. Looks like Spurs won out. Snyder was still the better hire in theory.

3. Who knows what a healthy Lopez would've been. Also, 27 other teams missed on Tony Parker. You can't say it was obvious.

And the Leonard > Burks talk is way overblown, imo.

This.

What is leornard averaging this series anyways.

Alec vs kahwhi book has alot of pages left

Coaching for the Spurs is a better opportunity for him personally, than coaching for the Jazz.

Pop vs. Snyder? There's no way that any of us would have passed that opportunity up. Unless the money Utah offered was so much better than what SA was offered.

This is the area that I wish the Millers/KOC/DL were a little more aggressive. It's easy to sell Utah as a good place for coaches. . . but you have to pay them. I'd invest in my coaching staff with my wallet to make sure that my head coach is always surrounded by the best possible assistants that he can get. If it were me, I'd be making a phone call to Shaka Smart and seeing if I can lure him to Utah. I can see him and Snyder hitting it off and doing very well together.

I'm fine if people like him more than Burks, but I hate it when people like Jalen Rose say he's the next face of the Spurs' franchise. He's a role player for ****s sake.

Dat 12 points per game in his best year of his career doe.

(i have to admit his shooting percentage and rebounding is pretty sweet)

Dat 12 points per game in his best year of his career doe.

(i have to admit his shooting percentage and rebounding is pretty sweet)

He's a role player. A good role player, but a role player none the less. I pull my hair out when people call him an All-Star or future face of the franchise for San Antonio. Just....no.

Leonard is an awesome defender, but his offense is below meh and he would struggle if he had to create offense and score points.

Killer D doe

Leonard Isnt a star, but he is on an entirely different level than Burks for sure.

BURKS IS JUST A GUY.

£¥£

Reactions: MVP