What's new

Lowry Gone

All I said was I'd rather have Barnes and start Isiah. How you got "Lowry for 5th pick straight up" from that I have no idea.

Because you are disregarding the other additions the Kings would get. Isiah Thomas is good, but he isn't starting material. He is a good backup.

If I was a GM I dont think I could trade away a 5th pick.

In this draft I would. The 5th pick is on the edge of the 1st tier prospects, and I don't think any of them are that good. I would rather trade down into the 2nd tier and get some good veterans, especially if I was a team like the Kings.

In this draft I would. The 5th pick is on the edge of the 1st tier prospects, and I don't think any of them are that good. I would rather trade down into the 2nd tier and get some good veterans, especially if I was a team like the Kings.

Tough call .. but I can't disagree.

How about 1, 2, or 3? Because if you were GM you wouldn't ever be picking as 'low' as 5.

I would never trade 1 2 or 3 away.

At 5 there is still a chance you hit. I bet anything this draft doesnt play out the way its supposed to. I bet a gem or two goes past 5, or as far as 15 or more.

And yes I would spend multiple years drafting in the top three if I was GM(on purpose).

I would slowly build up a mega team with numerous future hall of famers. I would win 15 straight championships.

Barnes is hardly a can't miss project. And yes, I said project because he has a lot of work to do on his game. Hardly improved from year 1 to 2 at UNC. Very concerning IMO.

Folks are acting like the Kings just traded away Kevin Durant.

The Kings have plenty of chuckers. They need some stabilization. I've also heard that they're looking to get rid of Evans. By obtaining Lowry they can now focus on getting a solid player in the draft and unload Evans.

If anything, the Kings have too many projects. Having a proven guy like Lowry might be exactly what they needed.

Folks seem to forget, the Kings were a horrible team last year. They're shaking things up, as they should.

Just look at the history of #5

2011: Jonas Valanciunas (incomplete)
2010: Cousins (barf)
2009: Rubio (incomplete. looked ok sometimes. Then he tore his ACL)
2008: Love (good)
2007: Green (Meh)
2006: Sheldon Wiliams (barf)
2005: Ray Felton (barf)
2004: Devin Harris (Meh)
2003: Dwade (great)
2002: Nickoloz Tskitishvili (what the hell?)
2001: Jrich (barf)

Hmm...Sac is trying to trade Tyreke Evans, what if the trade involves him and the 5th pick for lowry and something else? Rumor has it that Houston is trying to get 2 top 10 first rounders (Raptors/Portland being other possibilities) and package that deal to get an uncommitted Dwight Howard for a year. Pairing Tyreke w/ Dwight would be interesting...

lol @ Love just being "good". Isn't he one of if not the best power forward in the NBA right now?

Everyday I get closer and closer to throwing Oh GatinHo on ignore.

First thing I thought when I saw this was Dwight's going to Houston. Houston's going to package their picks and something for #5. Houston then will trade Lowry, Scola, and #5 for Dwight. All things considered this makes the most sense.

This wouldn't make much sense. The Kings just had Dalembert last year and like their young PG Thomas. They'd be trading away a #5 pick to basically stand still.

He signed with the Rockets. It's not like the Kings gave him away. Maybe they realize now they need a defensive center. Isiah Thomas isn't a starting PG.

I really want the draft to end so we don't have to listen to the endless amount of trade rumors that may, or may not, have anything to do with the Jazz.

I really want the draft to end so we don't have to listen to the endless amount of trade rumors that may, or may not, have anything to do with the Jazz.

Post-trade rumors will still happen. There is no end until the season starts.

I get so Jealous of other teams trading for good stuff around this time.

thing is, that doesn't always work out for teams. plus, the other team has to want what the jazz are offering. i get tired of arguments like "porty got #6 for gerald wallace, why couldn't we get #6 for one of our guys?!" and the answer, obviously is that NJ wanted wallace more than they liked anything else that was being offered. in any trade negotiation, you're bidding against 28 other teams, so let's not be the naive fans who evaluate everything in a vacuum.

Why cant we pawn off Big Al for the 5th pick? He has better stats than Lowry and a better attitude.

you just answered that yourself by saying "pawn off." the fact that we're so eager to get rid of al and his low-efficiency/no-defense game and his massive contract is exactly why other teams aren't going to give us a huge prize in return for him.

I would never trade 1 2 or 3 away.

At 5 there is still a chance you hit. I bet anything this draft doesnt play out the way its supposed to. I bet a gem or two goes past 5, or as far as 15 or more.

And yes I would spend multiple years drafting in the top three if I was GM(on purpose).

I would slowly build up a mega team with numerous future hall of famers. I would win 15 straight championships.
that has worked out real well for [insert name of perennial lottery team here].

have the cavs won 15 straight championships yet? what about the kings? bobcats? wizards?