What's new

Luka Doncic appreciation thread

Thank you Luka for ending Rudy career in Utah and once again proving how fraudulent that dude is at basketball, you are the NBA's great white hope
Now that schools out (Do they still do a little graduation for finishing 8th grade?), you are gonna have so much time to play photoshop. How many of your favorite players have to put into Jazz jerseys. Did you put Luka into a purple jersey or your favorite yellow?

U
The success of the wolves in this playoffs has zero bearing on our picks this year, they are already set, and zero bearing on our picks next year. They won't blow everything up if they don't win the ring this year, they made it to the conference finals after all. So them winning a ring, or not, right now is meaningless in regards to the value of any of our current or future picks.
Um... no. If they make the western conf finals, get embarrassed, then they're not going to magically surpass the teams that beat them this year.

They will likely run it back but at what cost? Jalen McDaniels is up for an extension. Gobert too. What happens with KAT? Conley, their glue guy, is aging out. The window gets smaller next year, not bigger. The only thing they have going in their favor is Antman gets better.

The worse they do in the playoffs, the more likely they don't rinse and repeat. Regardless, their level of play influences their decisions and where they end up.

U

Um... no. If they make the western conf finals, get embarrassed, then they're not going to magically surpass the teams that beat them this year.

They will likely run it back but at what cost? Jalen McDaniels is up for an extension. Gobert too. What happens with KAT? Conley, their glue guy, is aging out. The window gets smaller next year, not bigger. The only thing they have going in their favor is Antman gets better.

The worse they do in the playoffs, the more likely they don't rinse and repeat. Regardless, their level of play influences their decisions and where they end up.
There are a ton more factors that determine how their team is formed in years to come beyond whether they win a ring this year or not. The ring would be the least of them. And you laid many of them out there in your post, proving my point for me. Glad to see we agree!

There are a ton more factors that determine how their team is formed in years to come behind whether they win a ring this year or not. And you laid many of them out there in your post, proving my point for my. Glad to see we agree!
So, them winning or losing isn't one of those factors, eh? That's sheep balls wrong. Losing in the playoffs causes teams to blow things up. Winning makes them stick with their path and create dynastys that last. Your point wasn't proven.

So, them winning or losing isn't one of those factors, eh? That's sheep balls wrong. Losing in the playoffs causes teams to blow things up. Winning makes them stick with their path and create dynastys that last. Your point wasn't proven.
Did I say it wasn't a factor? I said it was a smaller factor than the others that you pointed out. For a minute there I thought you were a smart guy. Guess I was wrong.

And yes, paying a bazillion dollars for a team that gets bumped in the first round is a recipe for a rebuild. But seeing that same team get all the way to the conference finals in their first real playoff run is encouraging, not destructive. Do you even watch basketball?

U

They already extended McDaniels doofus

Is it a coincidence that littlejefe started this thread and hotknikkkkkkkk has been actively cheering for Luka in every series as his number 1 fan boy?

LOL.. I’ve been cheering against the Twolves since the Denver series.
Did you forget to change accounts there hotknickkk? Pretty straight up admission of an alt if I've ever seen one.

@Jason ?

I don't think this is true at all. First, a team that wins also loses players, which is what makes it so hard to repeat. Second, there are 29 teams that don't. The vast majority don't blow it up. Third, I would argue that teams that are really close to winning generally don't blow it up because they were that close to winning it. the Jazz for instance, didn't blow it up with Rudy and Donovan in their 2 successful years because they thought they could take the next step. It wasn't until they knew they weren't going to compete with that roster that they started over. I think Wolves are a top 3-4 team this year. So, if you are that close then why blow it up. Usually, you try to just add a piece here and there, and then hope young development gets better. You mention extensions and old players being the reason why they would blow it up, but if those are problems if they lose, why won't they equally be problems if they win?