What's new

Lyles is the pick at 12

You can argue that a skilled 6'10" PF like Lyles is the more rare commodity than Devin Booker and hence the more valuable player. Booker's ability to create off the dribble, defend and rebound still seem limited, but there's no doubt he's a solid shooter. Whoever made comps to JJ Redick was pretty accurate. Lets see if he can keep it up when PHX plays games that matter and when other teams start to scout him more.

Booker would be a great fit too. We desperately need a perimeter shooter of his caliber.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

You can argue that a skilled 6'10" PF like Lyles is the more rare commodity than Devin Booker and hence the more valuable player. Booker's ability to create off the dribble, defend and rebound still seem limited, but there's no doubt he's a solid shooter. Whoever made comps to JJ Redick was pretty accurate. Lets see if he can keep it up when PHX plays games that matter and when other teams start to scout him more.

Ummmmm, u do realize Booker shot 34% from three. Maybe it's that he's a rookie, I don't know? What I do know is that Lyles was a rookie too and he shot 38%. Still don't understand how some think he is the better prospect. Hell even Ingles shot a better %.

Since you say he is a shill and link to a article that indicates he is not a shill (criticizing Malone), I assume sarcasm?

I like Locke and do not think he is a shill. He does a good job of balancing promoting the good things about the Jazz with some "reality checks" about where they are today.

I'm sure that if he did not agree with the FO view on Lyles, he would tell us the truth. But he will get the positive message out. I think he is intellectually honest, while promoting and building excitement about the team.

Since you say he is a shill and link to a article that indicates he is not a shill (criticizing Malone), I assume sarcasm?

I like Locke and do not think he is a shill. He does a good job of balancing promoting the good things about the Jazz with some "reality checks" about where they are today.

I'm sure that if he did not agree with the FO view on Lyles, he would tell us the truth. But he will get the positive message out. I think he is intellectually honest, while promoting and building excitement about the team.

I agree with all of this. I targeted the wrong post with my comment. Sorry!

Ummmmm, u do realize Booker shot 34% from three. Maybe it's that he's a rookie, I don't know? What I do know is that Lyles was a rookie too and he shot 38%. Still don't understand how some think he is the better prospect. Hell even Ingles shot a better %.

But didn't Booker take a significantly greater amount of 3's than Lyles? I think that should be taken into account. Also, I imagine Lyles had better looks due to having more talent around him and being in a better offense.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Booker is only 18 or just turned 19 right. I think he showed he has a chance to be one of the elite players in the league shooting off the dribble. He could get almost anywhere he wanted and get a decent look. Deceptively quick. I bet his percentages go up next few years. And I bet he becomes an allstar

I'll tell you won think, Booker is quicker than every player in our team except probably Exum. He's got really good handles and again he's hell a young. To say he's limited off the dribble, I think that's off a bit. He's about 10 times the player off the dribble if you compare him to Redick at 18 or even now.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I was anti-Lyles at first. For sure. I thought his body was 2 years away from respectable play. That was obviously wrong (and it's probably the case that his "balance" proficiency points to excellent core strength which is hard to see).

However, the second I saw Lyles play live, I changed my tune. Completely.

I attended a couple games and it was very obvious to me that he is a super smart player, makes great moves around the basket and really understands the way the game works. If people are anti lyles, its because they have not watched him play.

A Carlos Boozer as your backup big isn't a bad place to be. Fortunately we don't need him to be a star, just better than other bench bigs. Upgrade over Cooley. . .

We root for a team that employed Jack Cooley last year, and we thought the bench was bad this year...

I attended a couple games and it was very obvious to me that he is a super smart player, makes great moves around the basket and really understands the way the game works. If people are anti lyles, its because they have not watched him play.

for some reason, though, it's particularly important to see him play live. Or at least that's what I'm putting forward: the difference between seeing him live versus seeing him on TV is bigger than your average player.

for some reason, though, it's particularly important to see him play live. Or at least that's what I'm putting forward: the difference between seeing him live versus seeing him on TV is bigger than your average player.

Isn't that crazy? I felt the same way. I was shocked at how much different it was seeing him live. Totally different experience. Even from the upper bowl. The kid is smart.

Isn't that crazy? I felt the same way. I was shocked at how much different it was seeing him live. Totally different experience. Even from the upper bowl. The kid is smart.

by contrast, both times I've seen Alec Burks live (both times were in the past two years), I've been underwhelmed. Hayward is also much better live than on TV