What's new

Lyles is the pick at 12

Deron Williams

I'm happy with it. Not ecstatic, but pleased.

The analytics weren't super high on him, but I think there is reason--his playing out of position and with a bunch of other stars--to believe that the stats may not completely capture Lyles' full talent.

With the 12th Pick of the NBA Draft the Utah Jazz Select... TREY LYLES!

Discuss... tell us how you really feel!!!

3093839.jpg

Last edited:
So this makes Booker pretty expendable in a trade?

Boring pick but I hope it pans out either through trade or he proves to be better than I think.

Chad Ford just tweeted that it reminds him of Boozer. I don't see the comparison at all.

Analytics loved Boozer, who played center in college, not SF.

Wanted Booker but we weren't there for workouts I trust the front office, I like it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boooooooooooooooo

Damn. What a terrible pick.

We just picked a guy with the ceiling of a role player. He's guaranteed to be average at best.

Trey Lyles is a damn good player, he's very skilled. He's polished offensively for 19 years old. he's got a chance to extend his range beyond 20ft. Prototype PF size. His shooting mechanics are really nice IMO, I think the questions about his efficiency from distance will prove to be unfounded. He's got an array of jab-steps, pumpfakes back to the basket and faceup moves, he's a triple threat.

This was actually my least wanted selection.....

but I hope it works out.

I guess he is a real mold-able prospect. Jazz must have liked what he was showing on his jumper in workouts.

David Locke is going to be ecstatic.

I think Jazz are going to try and make a good trade but has to wait until FA July 1st. Hope something pans out. If not Lyles could be our stretch 4 and backup 3 versatility guy they want. They could go small with him at Center if needed.

We have a good team, and we are okay with a project with looks like what lyles is.

We still need to get a center and Lyles is not getting many minutes unless we move Booker. Or he is the third SF and third PF who gets 3-5 minutes a game at both spots.

So this makes Booker pretty expendable in a trade?

Boring pick but I hope it pans out either through trade or he proves to be better than I think.
Booker > lyles imo

Not really excited about the pick, especially the part where he's compared to Carlos Boozer (i.e.poor defender), but need to give the kid a chance to prove himself...