What's new

Lyles is the pick at 12

Once again a pick where there will be threads in a few years about players who are way better than him and who we should have drafted

Welcome to the Jazz and good luck to Trey and I hope he sways all my doubts and makes me eat every single bad word I've said about him. He adds versatility with the bigs unit and I sincerely hope he succeeds with the Jazz

GO JAZZ!

Trey Lyles is a damn good player, he's very skilled. He's polished offensively for 19 years old. he's got a chance to extend his range beyond 20ft. Prototype PF size. His shooting mechanics are really nice IMO, I think the questions about his efficiency from distance will prove to be unfounded. He's got an array of jab-steps, pumpfakes back to the basket and faceup moves, he's a triple threat.

"Triple threat" in what way? That would typically mean: scorer, defender, facilitator, no?

Yeah... All the best to Lyles. Hopefully at somewhere else.

I'm glad I have read almost nothing but negative posts and same from the ESPN heads, makes me feel much better about this pick, on top of I trust the Jazz more than any of you. I expected some hate but not as much as he's getting, I actually thought the Jazz would draft him over Myles Turner but I do agree I'm surprised he was picked over Booker, I think the Jazz think he can turn into the stretch 4 that I was think Dekker could turn into.

Just like last year people said Hood would be a horrible defender and I was wondering why because the Duke team defended horrible but Hood was almost always on the other teams best defender so that made him look worse then he really is. No Trey Lyles was a PF guarding SF's so that will also make him look worse then he really is, I'm not saying he's going to be a good defender just not a bad one and I don't know him but I would guess he was put a SF because he has good play making ability so that does translate to the Jazz offense as a stretch 4.

Welcome to the Jazz and good luck to Trey and I hope he sways all my doubts and makes me eat every single bad word I've said about him. He adds versatility with the bigs unit and I sincerely hope he succeeds with the Jazz

GO JAZZ!

That's a good attitude to have. One thing we can smile about is he played for a stacked team - Towns doesn't even have crazy numbers!

Dude, give us the down low.

No ****. All of you other knuckleheads shut the **** up and let the grown ups give the low down. It's the welcome Lyles thread; don't **** on it with your trolling clogging the first ****ing day.

In fact, Jason, please use this thread to clean troll house. TIA

A Carlos Boozer as your backup big isn't a bad place to be. Fortunately we don't need him to be a star, just better than other bench bigs. Upgrade over Cooley. . .