What's new

Macaroni and cheese

I would agree that I generally think of scrambled eggs as more kid friendly. I remember enjoying them more when I was a kid. I don't think it's that big of a deal though. I will still eat scrambled eggs, unless they are soggy, and most of my kids prefer fried eggs over scrambled.

I would agree that I generally think of scrambled eggs as more kid friendly. I remember enjoying them more when I was a kid. I don't think it's that big of a deal though. I will still eat scrambled eggs, unless they are soggy, and most of my kids prefer fried eggs over scrambled.
They are just the easiest to make.

My hot egg take is that omelettes are trash. You can take any omelette and just make it a scrambled egg dish and it's better. Omelettes are just over cooked scrambled eggs that are harder to eat

My hot egg take is that omelettes are trash. You can take any omelette and just make it a scrambled egg dish and it's better. Omelettes are just over cooked scrambled eggs that are harder to eat

If you are cooking for one, then fried eggs aren't much more difficult to make, but if you are cooking for many, then yes scrambled is easier.

I'm not a huge omelet person either.

Nonsense, I had a pulled pork and kimchi omelette, with like a sweet chilli sauce in Launceston once, it was amazing.

Nonsense, I had a pulled pork and kimchi omelette, with like a sweet chilli sauce in Launceston once, it was amazing.
Ok now just take that same thing and make it a scramble and it's 5x better.

Other than presentation what benefit does the omelette format offer?

The egg held it all together gave it structure and texture, scrambled wouldn't have done that as well. Would still work but not as good.

Are you talking American/diner or French style omelet?

There are some things (I think kimchi would actually be one of them) where having them in the egg mixture before it cooks would cause unwanted physical/chemical/textural changes to the structure of the eggs.

I hate forks. Unless it really requires a fork I'm all bout that big-*** spoon. Chopped salads... spoon. Scrambled eggs... put that **** in a bowl and break out the spoon. Mac n cheese... spoon for sure.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

There are some things (I think kimchi would actually be one of them) where having them in the egg mixture before it cooks would cause unwanted physical/chemical/textural changes to the structure of the eggs.
Merica

You can't add things later in scrambled eggs? I guess I've always made them wrong. I pretty much like all styles of eggs, but different times for different things. Plus I prefer variety in my food in general.

Anyone ever see a 5 year old order eggs over easy?

I rest my case!

Children exclusively eat kid eggs aka scrambled eggs.

Look, kids are the main consumers of apple sauce as well but that doesn't mean apple sauce tastes bad or that no adult should ever eat it. Some foods are just associated with children and I associate scrambled eggs with children.

I was trying to be funny in my first post in the thread but I obviously missed the mark.
Apparently we are defensive about kid/adult foods.

A high end pizza place by me makes an insane Buffalo Chicken Mac n Cheese.
I lived in Dover, DE for a 3 months or so and they had bar with about 10 different kinds of mac n cheese and they were all very solid. But that was also the most boring lame city I have ever stepped foot in and I have been in some **** *** cities. Also this post reminded me I have some really good cheese I picked up from the Swiss embassy.

If you're not buying this brand of pasta from Costco you are missing out. They also sell it at most supermarkets in Italy so you know it's the goods. You have to cook it al dente style (firm, barely past crunchy) and do not rinse.

View attachment 15451View attachment 15452View attachment 15453View attachment 15454View attachment 15455

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app
I hated that pasta. Too sweet. Just me? I threw out the rest of the “bulk” package after two meals.