What's new

Made ya look/Circle game

Yeah, but it's a risk. Few are willing to take risks. Fewer are willing to take risks in good faith.

What I mean is, most who would take the risk would do so because they didn't care if it was a racist gesture or not. Very very few would take the risk because they believed, hoped, took the kids on their word that it wasn't a racist gesture.

Let's get something straight here. The circle game prank is, in and of itself, not appropriate for your yearbook pictures. Is it a serious offense? No. But all the same, these kids put up a concerted effort to put inappropriate gestures in their yearbook pictures. Was their motivation to play the circle game? All of them? They are all just innocently playing the circle game? But hey, there's also this double meaning. One that a group of kids conspiring with one another to make this gesture should obviously be aware of.

So let's talk about the circle game for a second... The point is to trick people into looking at the circle below your waist so that you can punch them in the arm.

So if these kids are playing the circle game, they're doing it wrong. They all agreed to make the same gesture. There was no trick. They didn't play the actual game.

But what if the circle game was a way of explaining away their actual desire to make a racist gesture? Well, ****! Now it actually makes some kind of stupid sense. They all agreed to make a racist gesture that they could all deny by claiming to actually be playing the circle game. Now the actual game they're playing makes sense. It's still stupid, but it isn't self-contradictory.
Pretty dang good post.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Judge someone by the content of their character and actions. There are plenty of racists who make it known. I'm sure with a simple investigation, the school could have easily found out the reason and context of the picture.

So, rather than simply change the pictures, you think the school needs to launch an investigation into every student who made the gesture?

So, rather than simply change the pictures, you think the school needs to launch an investigation into every student who made the gesture?
So rather than simply asking a few kids in the group what their intent was, you'd rather redo the yearbook?

I think you're smart enough to know exactly what I meant. But if you want to take it for literal interpretation than good on you.

I did miss the "simple" in "simple investigation". Curious if you had anything more in mind that "ask the student".