What's new

Game Thread Mar 02, 2024 03:00PM MT: Jazz at Heat

Added to Calendar: 03-02-24

How is he a great development coach? Tech was locked to the bench last year until the team finally forced his hand and told him to stop wasting time playing Gay. Once that happened Tech actually showed what he can do after the trade deadline. He also didn't start Tech out of the blue. The Walker, Collins, Lauri lineup was a disaster and Ochai regressed badly. At that point based on our roster structure he and Hendricks were the only options. For the most part we pretty much have to force his hand to get guys into rotation at which point they show what they can do. We saw it big time with Sexton who should have been starting from the get go but Hardy had no interest in it until injuries forced him to at which point Sexton played so well that Hardy couldn't backtrack. Last year the way he treated NAW was just crazy. He was playing great ball and 100% should have been viewed as a long term glue guy yet Hardy benched him for no reason. He does have his good points though and thank god for his love affair with Key because he allowed him to play through his rough patches. My frustration is that he gives a guy like Clarkson the longest leash in the world and then ****s around with other guys.
Because results. He might not develop players in the manner you want with having immediate minutes, but what he is doing is working. There are obviously politics in basketball minutes with agents and veterans and what not that you have to work around and deal with.

Anyone notice THT doing his kamikaze thing where he drives to the paint then tries to make some hellacious prayer of a layup, and I know what some will say, sexton does the same. Difference is Sexton goes through people which gets him to the ft line. THT shoots in a way that he avoids contact causing him to shoot some impossible shot. He did this live 3-4 times at least.

Anyone notice THT doing his kamikaze thing where he drives to the paint then tries to make some hellacious prayer of a layup, and I know what some will say, sexton does the same. Difference is Sexton goes through people which gets him to the ft line. THT shoots in a way that he avoids contact causing him to shoot some impossible shot. He did this live 3-4 times at least.
THT been getting to the line a lot, so I wouldnt say he tries to avoid contact.

The difference is when the contact doesnt happen, Sexton will try to put up a simple shot that has a chance to go in vs THT will try the crazy Kyrie touch shot.

Sexton's is much easier to block, but THT's often have 0% chance of actually going in.

And yeah, I'm past the point of having hope for THT. He does a lot of good stuff, but he cant seem to remove the terrible shot selection from his repertoire.

Kind of sad because if he just simplified his shot selection he could be a good player.

I think THT picking up his player option surprised the FO and Hardy. Suddenly they are paying 11 million to a guy that they didn't necessarily want and probably don't view him as a future piece to the puzzle. That could explain his exile to a Siberian prisonin. earlier

Our team is really soft. I'm not sure how we prioritize toughness in team building, but man Lauri, Walker, Keyonte and Taylor get man handled regularly. Rooks get a pass but man we have to get more physical.

I think THT picking up his player option surprised the FO and Hardy. Suddenly they are paying 11 million to a guy that they didn't necessarily want and probably don't view him as a future piece to the puzzle. That could explain his exile to a Siberian prisonin. earlier
I mean, they started him Day 1. He got exiled because he couldnt reign in his bad shots.

Our team is really soft. I'm not sure how we prioritize toughness in team building, but man Lauri, Walker, Keyonte and Taylor get man handled regularly. Rooks get a pass but man we have to get more physical.

Keyonte needs to get a little mamba mentality going on defense.