What's new

Game Thread Mar 02, 2024 03:00PM MT: Jazz at Heat

Added to Calendar: 03-02-24

He had one play where he got turned around a bit and gave up an and-one, but I think TH's defense on Butler has been pretty solid (just from watching final maybe 6 minutes). Hasn't stopped him that much, but it's partly been very strong finishing.

Nice game from rook, and on the 2nd half Lauri at last looked like himself a bit more. Too bad it gone for waste... Oh well, on to the next one. Trending up! If we snap out the listing streak and go 17-4 or better rest of the way, it still could be play-in time. Hope dies last. Go Jazz!

It seemed to me the Jazz missed a ton of point blank shots tonight. If you're a good team you have to make 75-80% of those. This was a carbon copy of the Magic game.

Hardy pulled Lauri in the 3rd and sat next to him, either laying into him or encouraging him. Then put him back in for the final 16+ minutes. In which time he scored about 17 and got 4-5 assists (on passing for wide open shots). Maybe that gets him out of his mini slump.

Then again, what are we doing here? He clearly banged knees hard with Bam. And played 41 minutes with a gimpy knee, not sitting for the final 16+. Are we going balls to the walls for the win?

Hardy pulled Lauri in the 3rd and sat next to him, either laying into him or encouraging him. Then put him back in for the final 16+ minutes. In which time he scored about 17 and got 4-5 assists (on passing for wide open shots). Maybe that gets him out of his mini slump.

Then again, what are we doing here? He clearly banged knees hard with Bam. And played 41 minutes with a gimpy knee, not sitting for the final 16+. Are we going balls to the walls for the win?
I mean it's actually obvious that we still trying hard to win every game but simply can't due to lack of talent. Tanking wise we aren't gonna lose enough games to catch up to teams like Pistons/Spurs/Wizs/Hornets anyways.

The goal is trying to win every game while developing our rooks. We want to teach winning mentality to our young guys so they aren't developing bad game habits knowing these games don't matter.

I mean it's actually obvious that we still trying hard to win every game but simply can't due to lack of talent.
Anyone who steps on the court absolutely is trying to win. But playing Brice minutes ahead of Dunn isn't trying your hardest to win.

The goal is trying to win every game while developing our rooks. We want to teach winning mentality to our young guys so they aren't developing bad game habits knowing these games don't matter.
Nah.

The FO has made it very clear (and Hardy has repeated it as well) that the goal is individual development and see what the rookies have. Individual development and giving the ball to the rooks is not a winning mentality. And when it comes to bad game habits... you did notice that Keyonte played absolutely zero D whatsoever tonight? But everyone is super happy, because he played extremely well on O (apart from the 4th Q turnovers).

The point anyway was that playing Lauri 41 minutes total and 16+ straight with a bum knee doesn't make sense unless you're fighting for your playoff life with everything you have. Which the Jazz aren't.

Nah, Lauri wants to play, so Hardy plays him. Simple as that.

It is obvious by now why were not planning on signing Tec. Hendricks would have been reliably ahead of him by the start of next year. Knowing that, I feel much better about the trade. Get some value out of nothing.

I hope Tec gets paid though. I liked him a lot.
You can have more than one good wing on a NBA roster.

If Hendricks was playing this same way at the start of the season, all of us would've been ecstatic.
It’s almost like maybe… just maybe… we should have had just an ounce of patience and understanding. He lost summer league and that dev time to an injury and we expected the raw prospect to come in and immediately be awesome for some reason.

It’s almost like maybe… just maybe… we should have had just an ounce of patience and understanding. He lost summer league and that dev time to an injury and we expected the raw prospect to come in and immediately be awesome for some reason.
Or maybe the GLeague prepared him and Hardy gave him his opportunity while there is considerably less pressure.

Or maybe the GLeague prepared him and Hardy gave him his opportunity while there is considerably less pressure.
Right he needed a minute to get his feet wet. He was a step or two behind in part because no summer prep. It also just requires a little patience sometimes but I get that it’s more fun to declare victory when a guy struggles early.