What's new

Game Thread Mar 02, 2024 03:00PM MT: Jazz at Heat

Added to Calendar: 03-02-24

It is obvious by now why were not planning on signing Tec. Hendricks would have been reliably ahead of him by the start of next year. Knowing that, I feel much better about the trade. Get some value out of nothing.

I hope Tec gets paid though. I liked him a lot.

Defensively, Hendricks replaces Fontecchio. Not offensively though.

Someone is going to pay Tec like a starter then start him. I'd imagine he will take that offer.
More importantly Hardy was never going to give Hendricks his shot without forcing him to.

More importantly Hardy was never going to give Hendricks his shot without forcing him to.
He might have. Tec was hot garbage right to the point Hardy started him out of the blue. Hardy is a great developmental coach, or so it would seem. . .

We hit the lottery with Key and Henny.

For years to come... Well, hopefully not.
Odd game vs Miami: The Jazz had a pretty good lead in the third, but it just didn't seem they were going to win at any time. Butler was just too much for and it seemed like Miami was just sort of coasting for most of the game and then decided they still wanted to win.

Defensively the team is lost although I think Hendricks is showing some promise (overal). It's just awful to watch a tanking team. The +- is (again) sad to watch for the opening five. Markkanen the odd exception, but his inability to hit regular fgs has been frustrating in a series of games already. Key was aggressive and hit some nice three pointers, but all in all quite inefficient: He also bricked some threes and his four assists and five turnovers just won't cut it, especially when the defense is what it is. Probably the first game (ever?) Markkanen led the team in assists, but that is likely because the passing game was quite bad in total and in this game when Markkanen drove to the basket and chose to pass the ball out anyone and everyone was hitting that three.

Just watch the replay. Not much to say, young players learn . Overall we are bad, specially in defense and transition. Tanking team style. We are not only one player away to be a good team but probably 2 or 3. Off season will be crucial if we don't want to stay there too long.

Probably the first game (ever?) Markkanen led the team in assists, but that is likely because the passing game was quite bad in total and in this game when Markkanen drove to the basket and chose to pass the ball out anyone and everyone was hitting that three.

It was second time in last week or two. That time, Lauri also had the same 6 assists. He has been improving his passing so when he will have more help in the future, easily can average 4 assists a game, doubling the current average

It was second time in last week or two. That time, Lauri also had the same 6 assists. He has been improving his passing so when he will have more help in the future, easily can average 4 assists a game, doubling the current average

Aaah yes. Checked the stat lines and he actually had 6 in Hornets game also. In the previous two games he had a total of 0 assists though, so not much improvement in terms of average.

Not yet, but it won't be long. And Hendricks will be a difference maker all over the floor on defense while Tec was solid in certain matchups.
Hendrick is very good on the offensive glass already. And is decent in catch & shoot. Otherwise he has looked like he's three years away from any sort of offensive game.

I think the drive and kick has been a focal point for all since December when Hardy was talking about hero ball after every game.

Lauri had 3 games with exactly 5 assists all of last season and 1 total this season before December, but has had 9 since, including two 6 assist games.

He might have. Tec was hot garbage right to the point Hardy started him out of the blue. Hardy is a great developmental coach, or so it would seem. . .
How is he a great development coach? Tech was locked to the bench last year until the team finally forced his hand and told him to stop wasting time playing Gay. Once that happened Tech actually showed what he can do after the trade deadline. He also didn't start Tech out of the blue. The Walker, Collins, Lauri lineup was a disaster and Ochai regressed badly. At that point based on our roster structure he and Hendricks were the only options. For the most part we pretty much have to force his hand to get guys into rotation at which point they show what they can do. We saw it big time with Sexton who should have been starting from the get go but Hardy had no interest in it until injuries forced him to at which point Sexton played so well that Hardy couldn't backtrack. Last year the way he treated NAW was just crazy. He was playing great ball and 100% should have been viewed as a long term glue guy yet Hardy benched him for no reason. He does have his good points though and thank god for his love affair with Key because he allowed him to play through his rough patches. My frustration is that he gives a guy like Clarkson the longest leash in the world and then ****s around with other guys.