What's new

Game Thread Mar 03, 2021 5:00PM MT: Jazz at 76ers

Added to Calendar: 03-03-21

I think maybe you dont know what a hook is. At the 8 second mark Mitchell's left arm is wrapped around his body. The picture I posted shows it reached all the way around. That is the very definition that the NBA has of a hook and the exact same play they show multiple examples of when calling an offensive foul for hooking.
The picture you posted occurred after the picture I posted. Just look at where they are on the court.

Jesus Christ, this guy...

I think maybe you dont know what a hook is. At the 8 second mark Mitchell's left arm is wrapped around his body. The picture I posted shows it reached all the way around. That is the very definition that the NBA has of a hook and the exact same play they show multiple examples of when calling an offensive foul for hooking.
He was already past him... its no different than when a post player holds their position with their off arm when receiving and entry pass. The call wasn't made until 2-3 actions later... that wasn't the call they were making.

I also give zero ***** that sixers players heard a whistle and then pointed to their side of the court. 5 Jazz players reacted on the Rudy foul on Embiid and it was still a foul.

The picture you posted occurred after the picture I posted. Just look at where they are on the court.

Jesus Christ, this guy...
Lol, the picture you posted is well after the play I am talking about and after the picture I posted.

The picture you posted the ball has already left Mitchells hand for his shot. The picture I posted he still has the ball in his hand and is dribbling.

I am done with this. There was a hook by the NBA definition, with evidence and that was what was called. Watch the video you posted the very second of it you see mitchells hand move from in front of Simmons to behind Simmons. If you see it another way or dont like the call then we will just disagree.

There was also an different explanation of the foul call in the original last 2 minute report... then it was changed and taken down. It was on twitter.... ain't gonna look it up but it was along the lines of DM locked Ben's arms into his body or some ****. They just wanted to be right.

Lol, the picture you posted is well after the play I am talking about and after the picture I posted.

The picture you posted the ball has already left Mitchells hand for his shot. The picture I posted he still has the ball in his hand and is dribbling.

I am done with this. There was a hook by the NBA definition, with evidence and that was what was called. Watch the video you posted the very second of it you see mitchells hand move from in front of Simmons to behind Simmons. If you see it another way or dont like the call then we will just disagree.
... I'm very obviously referring to this picture.

Screenshot 2021-03-04 191604.png

The picture you're referring to, the one after the shot, was at the 11 second mark of the l2m video, where you initially claimed the hook occurred. I posted it to show you that was obviously wrong.

You seem to be having a really hard time following this conversation.

... I'm very obviously referring to this picture.

View attachment 10435

The picture you're referring to, the one after the shot, was at the 11 second mark of the l2m video, where you initially claimed the hook occurred. I posted it to show you that was obviously wrong.

You seem to be having a really hard time following this conversation.
So you are saying Simmons is pinning his arm in this picture? Is Mitchell hooking Simmons in this picture?

It's not the market. It's simply our guys being looked down upon. Milwaukee isn't much of a market compared to SLC. But Giannis has received way more respect and recognition compared to DM and Rudy. Malone and Stockton were well respected amongst their peers, media and fans despite playing for the "small market" in Utah. DM and Rudy just gotta prove people wrong by playing better. I know we have played better as a team, but individually I know Rudy and DM has what it takes to bring their game to the next level. They just gotta show them.

So you are saying Simmons is pinning his arm in this picture? Is Mitchell hooking Simmons in this picture?
In the same post where I first posted this picture, I also linked the video, gave the exact timestamp of the image, and explained how this was one of the very first frames when contact first started on the drive. He's just barely beginning to extend his arm and it's already being pinned. There is no hook at this point.

I've had some weird thoughts... like can they admit non-video evidence to the call? Like did he tell the replay ref it hit me? There wasn't a super clear replay imo... and I don't think the guy that blew the whistle saw it hit the ref... think he missed it because he though the foot was out of bounds... so got the call right but for the wrong reasons. Last nights game was just a **** show... still should have won it.
I saw a pretty clear replay. The ball definitely hit him

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

In the same post where I first posted this picture, I also linked the video, gave the exact timestamp of the image, and explained how this was one of the very first frames when contact first started on the drive. He's just barely beginning to extend his arm and it's already being pinned. There is no hook at this point.
The picture you posted Mitchell's arm is not pinned by Simmons and you cant see Mitchells left hand. But in better quality photos you can see him reach around. Watch the very first 1 second of the video you posted (you cant go earlier than that). Its the very beginning. Mitchell drives into him you can watch his hand go from in front to the other side of Simmons. Then you can see Simmons arms come down and pin Mitchell.

I can only conclude that Ron Mexico is referring to an entirely different video than the rest of us are seeing, because his posts are making no sense.

I can only conclude that Ron Mexico is referring to an entirely different video than the rest of us are seeing, because his posts are making no sense.
No there is a subtle but very obvious hook that you can't see in video or good pictures and it was only called so late because it was so very obvious. DM gained such a huge advantage with this move that Ben had to grab him with both arms and only after DM had taken another dribble and made another basketball move and put up a shot was it clear a violation needed to be called.

Or they thought the hook was on the spin move and were incorrect.

No there is a subtle but very obvious hook that you can't see in video or good pictures and it was only called so late because it was so very obvious. DM gained such a huge advantage with this move that Ben had to grab him with both arms and only after DM had taken another dribble and made another basketball move and put up a shot was it clear a violation needed to be called.

Or they thought the hook was on the spin move and were incorrect.
You forgot about how the move was so shockingly egregious that it took a few seconds for the ref to compose himself and call the foul.

Yes, the whistle was delayed. I dont really care if its right. It could have been a no call except for the fact that Simmons pinned Mitchells arm forcing the ref to make a call. Which is a smart move by Simmons. If the ref is forced to make a call he is going to call the first foul which is Mitchell. I uploaded the last 2 minute report into my video analysis software I use for work, unfortunately the quality isnt great. But here is the picture of the first contact. It clearly shows Simmons arm up in the air and Mitchells arm reaches all the way around Simmons.

Mitchell Foul.jpg
I will also the video of it.. It is the first contact and by the NBA definition a hook. It was a bad play from Mitchell among many at the end of this game. I think Mitchell is great at the end of games in his career though and he will figure it out. He will be clutch in the finals this year.