What's new

Game Thread Mar 03, 2021 5:00PM MT: Jazz at 76ers

Added to Calendar: 03-03-21

Yes, the whistle was delayed. I dont really care if its right. It could have been a no call except for the fact that Simmons pinned Mitchells arm forcing the ref to make a call. Which is a smart move by Simmons. If the ref is forced to make a call he is going to call the first foul which is Mitchell. I uploaded the last 2 minute report into my video analysis software I use for work, unfortunately the quality isnt great. But here is the picture of the first contact. It clearly shows Simmons arm up in the air and Mitchells arm reaches all the way around Simmons.

View attachment 10436
I will also the video of it.. It is the first contact and by the NBA definition a hook. It was a bad play from Mitchell among many at the end of this game. I think Mitchell is great at the end of games in his career though and he will figure it out. He will be clutch in the finals this year.

I posted an image of Mitchell's arm being pinned before that screenshot.

Yes, the whistle was delayed. I dont really care if its right. It could have been a no call except for the fact that Simmons pinned Mitchells arm forcing the ref to make a call. Which is a smart move by Simmons. If the ref is forced to make a call he is going to call the first foul which is Mitchell. I uploaded the last 2 minute report into my video analysis software I use for work, unfortunately the quality isnt great. But here is the picture of the first contact. It clearly shows Simmons arm up in the air and Mitchells arm reaches all the way around Simmons.

View attachment 10436
I will also the video of it.. It is the first contact and by the NBA definition a hook. It was a bad play from Mitchell among many at the end of this game. I think Mitchell is great at the end of games in his career though and he will figure it out. He will be clutch in the finals this year.

That's the same ref who forgot he had legs.

I posted an image of Mitchell's arm being pinned before that screenshot.
Not possible, that is the first contact with Simmons, watch the video. His arm does come down right after that and pin him, but that is after the hook.

Not possible, that is the first contact with Simmons, watch the video. His arm does come down right after that and pin him, but that is after the hook.

I posted a screenshot of the exact frame of first contact and also posted the link to the video for anybody to confirm who wants to. I've also drawn your attention to it multiple times.

Good breakdown on the Mitchell offensive foul. Ronnie Nunn, former 19 year ref, commented on it, and agrees it should have been a no-call.

I posted a screenshot of the exact frame of first contact and also posted the link to the video for anybody to confirm who wants to. I've also drawn your attention to it multiple times.
I posted the video in slow motion and the screen shot from the first contact. You can see the reach around before Simmons arm comes down. The picture I just posted obviously Simmons arm is in the air above and not pinning him. He does after and hold on while Mitchell spins back. You are seeing what you want to see I guess.