What's new

Game Thread Mar 12, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Rockets

Added to Calendar: 03-12-21

I really love Tate and really think he’d bring so much defensive versatility to this team. He didn’t have a good shooting night but he really helped them turn the game in the fourth.

Royce has had a lot of nice plays
He was literally the only one, unfortunately including Gobert, actually fighting for rebounds. Even Gobert wasn't really fighting for them. 20+ to what 5 offensive boards against us? QS should make everyone do basic jr high rebounding drills for 3 straight hours next practice. ****ing disgrace.

Anybody have video to the QS postgame interview?

Outscored 51 to 49 in the second half. Inexcusable. After all that went down for this Utah team the last time they played they sure came out flat and uninterested. That's with us finally getting the calls. It's only one game coming back from a layoff but it was something we've seen more of lately.

Last night was the "turn it on, turn it off" Jazz. They'd play hard for a couple of minutes and then coast as long as possible.

Not fun to watch and not winning basketball no matter what the score is at the end of the game.

Gotta be hard to keep the juice up against a team that has it all. But they were also on a B2B in high altitude. Really no excusing the stretch from when they took away that Mitchell three to when we finally closed them out. Such poor effort and execution.

But whatever, the other side of that coin is that Houston had a game to shake off the rust and we were just back. Got the W, all that really matters now is how they look against GSW.

Glad the NBA and the Jazz are back. Though that game was not a reminder of why.

Last edited:
It seems to me that there are too many 9-23 type games from Donovan and not enough 11-17 type games.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
This. In spades. It's becoming clear he just isn't a very good shooter, at least for the contract he signed and the role he is supposed to play he isn't.

So he's right on par with fellow chuckers like Harden and Kobe then?
Let me check really quick.

Donovan shoots 20.2 times per game and makes 8.5 for 42%
Kobe at 24 years old shot 23.5 times per game and made 10.6 for 45%
Harden at 24 years old shot 16.5 per game and made 7.5 shots for 45.6%

So ya I guess they are kind of similar.
And I could definitely be wrong and maybe I'm focusing too much on the negative but I just feel like he has inefficient games too often and efficient games not often enough. Again, I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
Let me check really quick.

Donovan shoots 20.2 times per game and makes 8.5 for 42%
Kobe at 24 years old shot 23.5 times per game and made 10.6 for 45%
Harden at 24 years old shot 16.5 per game and made 7.5 shots for 45.6%

So ya I guess they are kind of similar.
And I could definitely be wrong and maybe I'm focusing too much on the negative but I just feel like he has inefficient games too often and efficient games not often enough. Again, I could be wrong though.

Cause he forces it sometimes thinking he needs to play hero ball.