What's new

Game Thread Mar 18, 2021 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Wizards

Added to Calendar: 03-18-21

Forget about Bogey’s slump and apparent inability to hit the open three, if Gobert hits his normal % from the line and Clarkson hits his normal % from field, we win this game. Drew Gooden and his broadcast mate did both agree that it was the best game of the season from the Wizards as well.
I think you’re right - I also think the wizards played their very best game of the year. That’s tough to overcome on the road.

Having said that the jazz haven’t come up with a practical strategy to combat teams gunning for them, especially in the first quarter. My take: try and get more fast break points and get to the line. Shoot a few less threes In that quarter because the exterior defense of opposing teams are pumped at the start of the game. Get into your rhythm, feed Rudy, then go outside. Also, Joe must start over Bogey.

Pull the trigger Quinn. What will it hurt?? Splash uncle for the win! He’s playing great right now. Most of all he is a more well rounded player than Bogey.

I think you’re right - I also think the wizards played their very best game of the year. That’s tough to overcome on the road.

Having said that the jazz haven’t come up with a practical strategy to combat teams gunning for them, especially in the first quarter. My take: try and get more fast break points and get to the line. Shoot a few less threes In that quarter because the exterior defense of opposing teams are pumped at the start of the game. Get into your rhythm, feed Rudy, then go outside. Also, Joe must start over Bogey.

Pull the trigger Quinn. What will it hurt?? Splash uncle for the win! He’s playing great right now. Most of all he is a more well rounded player than Bogey.
Yep, I can’t argue with anything you said. I do see Ingles as more of a playmaker is the only thing. Ilyasova should also get a shot if Bogey can’t get it together I believe. One of those two, Niang needs to stay in his slot IMO.

Last edited:
No need to panic. The season is like a rollercoaster. The only team that didnt take any real lumps is the 72 win Warriors. Were not them. We will be fine. I imagine they have gotten a little distracted by all the attention they have gotten around All-Star weekend. Both good and bad.

Also Westbrook was f'in great last night. He is a terrible shooter and last night he couldnt miss. If he shot closer to his mean then we win. Not to mention we died by the three. That's going to happen when nearly everyone has a bad shooting night. Live and die by the three. Last night we died.

No need to panic. The season is like a rollercoaster. The only team that didnt take any real lumps is the 72 win Warriors. Were not them. We will be fine. I imagine they have gotten a little distracted by all the attention they have gotten around All-Star weekend. Both good and bad.

Also Westbrook was f'in great last night. He is a terrible shooter and last night he couldnt miss. If he shot closer to his mean then we win. Not to mention we died by the three. That's going to happen when nearly everyone has a bad shooting night. Live and die by the three. Last night we died.
The Washington announcers were saying the same - best effort from Westbrook since the trade! They also were saying that he’d been playing through a quad injury and had finally fully recovered.

Jazz are garbage on the road.
1920_20190202-134845-362599.jpg

The Washington announcers were saying the same - best effort from Westbrook since the trade! They also were saying that he’d been playing through a quad injury and had finally fully recovered.

Westbrook played very intelligent yesterday, concentrated on what he's best at, attacking the painting and shooting midrange from his spots, didn't take many 3's. Beal was very good too. We struggle to guard athletic, elite guards so that's tough match up for us when Westbrook plays smart. But it still doesn't change that we were hot garbage for most of the game.