What's new

Game Thread Mar 24, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Nets

Added to Calendar: 03-24-21

We should be glad to be back home and much more well rested. I expect a good showing. I’d be worried if we didn’t look good tbh.

Harden is a Jazz killer though.

They're on the way to Kyrie's birthday party right now.
well-have-a-birthday-with-blackjack-and-hookers.jpg

Why why why would you jinx this?
I mean if we can't even beat a harden/KD/Kyrie less nets, we should kiss our championship dream goodbye. If anything, we should be beating the nets even with two of their three stars playing.

Why why why would you jinx this?

Not a jinx. Would have been if he had used "will win." Words matter. ;)

I mean if we can't even beat a harden/KD/Kyrie less nets, we should kiss our championship dream goodbye. If anything, we should be beating the nets even with two of their three stars playing.
Didn't they already beat us in that exact scenario?

They had Kyrie, and he played like an MVP.
No it was Allen that absolutely killed us at that time. Kyrie had 29 but that was more or less expected. Allen playing Gobert off the floor was the major killer. Luckily Allen is gone, but you can't sleep on anyone, especially if Harden does play.

Didn't they already beat us in that exact scenario?
It was a different team back them. They had Allen instead of Harden and he took the full advantage of forcing Rudy to guard out onto the perimeter then owned the paint in his absence. Very much like Capela during that Rockets series back in 2018. As great as Rudy is, he simply can't guard two guys at the same time. Contesting the ball handler like Kyrie/Harden means he had to leave his man wide open, which is part of the arguments on us needing that extra coverage behind Rudy.