What's new

Game Thread Mar 29, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers

Added to Calendar: 03-29-22

It's not even about being given the ball. Would you continue to work like a madman on defense if no one else on the team is putting in any effort in that department?
This is the bigger issue… a couple back breakers… Rudy shuts off the pg drive and forces a tough shot… almost has the rebound but Mike let’s Mann fly by on a straight line for a rebound… ends in a three. Another instance Paschall can’t come up with the board and three. No one helps the helper and all the defense goes to waste.

From Andy Larsen's 'Tripple Team' article.

There are still games left in this Jazz season, and there’s still likely yet to be a postseason. The players are saying that there’s still time to change the team’s mentality, to learn to fight, to learn to play basketball well even when times are tough.

No one believes them. They’ve said it too many times before. They have to say it because you can’t be a highly-paid professional basketball player and acknowledge that your competitive spirit is gone and hope to get contracts moving forward, but the words are meaningless.

Actions speak louder than words. Another collapse like this, this Tinseltown nightmare on loop, speaks volumes.

Royce O'Neale tonight: 35 minutes, 5 points, 4 assists, 2 rebounds, -9. Dude is just not good enough to be a starter in this league.
I said that 10 times here before but ppl always saying he us energy guy.When bojan gets bck i would start huan instead of royce for god. But its not gonna happened and we all know why...

Another subtle jab taken at teammates. This team is so petty, it's unbelievable.

Every Donovan quote has Donovan taking responsibility. That's leadership even when the leader is screwing up.

Every Rudy quote is about how others are messing up. That's the problem with the entire chemistry of this team.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

- Gay with an actually good game, he might be up to a handful this year.
- Royce defended PG well down the stretch. Clarkson, not so much.
- We lost the game at the end of the 3rd quarter. We were up almost 20 and then relaxed, PG made some great plays, and then all of a sudden it was a game going in to the 4th quarter. All of a sudden the Clippers had some energy and just out played us in the 4th.
- Maybe Quin needs to skip a shoot around and take the team to the nickel arcade or something. Maybe they need a little reminder that they play a game. So much depression.
- I'm depressed, maybe I need to go to the nickel arcade.

- Gay with an actually good game, he might be up to a handful this year.
- Royce defended PG well down the stretch. Clarkson, not so much.
- We lost the game at the end of the 3rd quarter. We were up almost 20 and then relaxed, PG made some great plays, and then all of a sudden it was a game going in to the 4th quarter. All of a sudden the Clippers had some energy and just out played us in the 4th.
- Maybe Quin needs to skip a shoot around and take the team to the nickel arcade or something. Maybe they need a little reminder that they play a game. So much depression.
- I'm depressed, maybe I need to go to the nickel arcade.
Jazzfanz outing to nickelcade… I’ll buy slurpees