What's new

Marcus Smart with the 5th pick

A smart/burks backcourt could be real good. What would we do wit trey? Can we three guard rotate that group?

No doubt about it. There are 96 minutes available at the 1 and the 2. Three guys can get a ton of minutes there and plenty of opportunity to make plays.

Don't know much about him to weight in but why we would need him if Gordon will be available? Fits need way better.

AKMVP, Please explain how Aaron Gordon fits the needs of the Utah Jazz. So we can defend better, but we can't score? Unless he's some how improved his shot in the last 3 months, I just don't see it.

Seriously, let's hear your argument besides saying he's the next Ron Artest. He can't shoot. That's all we need is another player that can't shoot.

Aaron Gordon above anyone at 5 if we stay at 5, he can defend 4 positions and I see him growing a couple inches with that ball handling, I see him developing like a Russell Westbrook type shot. Insanely athletic and can play defense, he will develop a corner 3 shot and he would be amazing and a steal because Wiggins frame isn't as solid as his, and Wiggins doesn't insert himself in the game like Gordon does. Parker's defense is lacking and his body fat is always in question. I think Aaron Gordon could be the steal of the draft a lot like Westbrook was in his draft. Trust me I use to be really critical of Gordon but his drive and work ethic is a lot better than most players I have seen, just watch his films he is always the one moving and hustling and diving on the floor for the ball.

Last edited:
Food for thought...If Marcus Smart gets down to 210 does his vertical approach 40" like Rose and Westbrooks?
His body fat measured at 10.6%, while Rose was at 4.6%, Westbrook 4.8%.

Food for thought...If Marcus Smart gets down to 210 does his vertical approach 40" like Rose and Westbrooks?
His body fat measured at 10.6%, while Rose was at 4.6%, Westbrook 4.8%.

I don't think he'll ever be as explosive as those two. Rose/Westbrook are special, special athletes.

I think Smart is a PG. He's a bruising, push-you-in-the-paint PG. I think he'll learn to shoot well enough. He gives us a mismatch in the backcourt with size and strength, plus his defensive intensity. The only question is whether he's a headcase.

The Jazz need to hone in on a new coach before the draft, in case Smart isn't the kind of PG the new coach would want.

Smart's attitude would be good for this team and I love his game despite his mediocre at best shooting stroke. Much easier sell for me than say Aaron Gordon who I also like but am very concerned as to whether he will ever be an above average offensive player.

Great...let's try to collect as many PG's as possible who can't shoot.
Burke and Smart = Tinsley and Watson, The Next Generation.

I actually like Smart at 5.

We need someone with attitude. And finally we would have someone other than Burks who is willing to drive. We all know Burke and Hayward are allergic to the paint.

Gordon is a project. He also has zero offensive game and doesn't have a position. Very risky if you ask me. Could he ak47 or t rob.

I am ecstatic that after full miserable year of half-*** tanking we are looking at finally getting a great 6th man from allegedly strongest draft of decade.

Count me on the Smart bandwagon. Though I believe if the Jazz have a scouting department worth a damn they'll get a real good player here.

no way I could ever do that... in fact, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pissed at the *****-*** mods/admin for allowing him to stay.................................. ****ing travesty.

Can't let gyp post because ...
He got five fracts in a six month period. It's a really simple formula, unless you're a General Studies major at Kentucky.

Aaron Gordon above anyone at 5 if we stay at 5, he can defend 4 positions and I see him growing a couple inches with that ball handling, I see him developing like a Russell Westbrook type shot. Insanely athletic and can play defense, he will develop a corner 3 shot and he would be amazing and a steal because Wiggins frame isn't as solid as his, and Wiggins doesn't insert himself in the game like Gordon does. Parker's defense is lacking and his body fat is always in question. I think Aaron Gordon could be the steal of the draft a lot like Westbrook was in his draft. Trust me I use to be really critical of Gordon but his drive and work ethic is a lot better than most players I have seen, just watch his films he is always the one moving and hustling and diving on the floor for the ball.

I have no problems with Gordon, though his offense scares me.

Still, at 5 assuming Wiggins/Parker/Embid/Exum are gone, I'm fine with Smart, Gordon, or Randle. Even Vonlah I guess. Him and Randle worry me more but all four of them have their negatives.

id take smart too.

he's a boss.....he wants it.

hes hungry....eat 3 large pizzas hunger.