What's new

Game Thread May 01, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Raptors

Added to Calendar: 05-01-21

I hope Bojan's back isn't too sore from carrying us. Good showing by Forrest tonight. He had as many blocks as Rudy and one more than Favs.

Very sharp guy lMO. Only praised Bogey. I think Jazz fans sometimes forget how special he is.
EJ also said he felt like our short and midrange game was lacking and Bogey should play more post up. Kind of implied we rely too much on the three. He said even the Warriors dynasty had a midrange component.

That tip in by Rudy right at the end was pretty damn amazing. And I'm certain he was fouled in the tip in as well but it wasn't called. That was the play that won the game imo

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

That tip in by Rudy right at the end was pretty damn amazing. And I'm certain he was fouled in the tip in as well but it wasn't called. That was the play that won the game imo

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Annoying fan: Lol they don’t call those in crunch time lol.

Ref: calls 3 second violation in crunch time.

Felt like Trent Forrest turned the game around twice.

In the 3rd quarter he came in and spear-headed a run to get us back into it with his playmaking and defense. And then in the 4th, the block on FVV and corner 3 on the next possession felt massive.
It was nice he could get some live burn in back to backs to get him more acclimated. He looked a little tentative last night.

Very sharp guy lMO. Only praised Bogey. I think Jazz fans sometimes forget how special he is.
EJ also said he felt like our short and midrange game was lacking and Bogey should play more post up. Kind of implied we rely too much on the three. He said even the Warriors dynasty had a midrange component.

He's a classic Jazz hater. I listen to his show with Justin Termine on NBA Radio. He's been downplaying The Jazz achievements all season. Doesn't think Mitchell or Gobert has the goods to go next level.

Bogey seems to finally have it going again. Niang has been playing well, too. It would be nice for everyone to play well at the same time. Maybe, they will for the playoffs. The main reason that I am so high on them this year is that they have the depth. Probably the best depth that the Jazz have ever have.

He's a classic Jazz hater. I listen to his show with Justin Termine on NBA Radio. He's been downplaying The Jazz achievements all season. Doesn't think Mitchell or Gobert has the goods to go next level.
Interesting. The color commentary of the game was my first exposure with him and he seemed to make a point of being diplomatic. He did say something about Clarkson deserving 6th man and like I say very high on Bogdanovic. He offset his criticism of the Jazz system with some “token” criticism of theirs.

What I appreciated though was a little deeper analysis and a more transparent player’s perspective talking about the competition for minutes on the Suns team and how Williams played “games” around that to keep them hungry.

Other than that, a lot of praise for Paul and what he’s brought to the Suns. Also how Booker looked like he had made it personal against O’Neale because of his hard nosed physical defense and getting shut down by him in the past.

Last edited: