What's new

Game Thread May 08, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Rockets

Added to Calendar: 05-08-21

Gobert was wide open under the hoop and ingles missed him

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

How do we keep making bottom-feeders look like the '17 warriors?

I sure hope we can keep the lead below 30 at halftime.

Logic says that they can't keep shooting like this but I don't know really.

We need to stop chucking 3s and try and get some easy shots inside. Gobert is open a lot and we’re just missing him. Jingles just shot a brick for what should’ve been an easy Gobert dunk. We’re helping to feed the rockets run by playing stupid.

Sloppy mistakes, weird lineups and careless defense have combined to make this game a lot harder than it needed to be.

I really like Forrest. His 3 point shot makes him really hard to play though.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Agreed. Everything except his outside shot is effective.... But that outside shot is real bad

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

How about him dominating these "scrubs" instead of being negative statistically nearly every freaking game.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I really hate when people try to use individual player's +/- in a vacuum to draw conclusions about that player, when there's 9 other variables going into that stat every single game.

We have weak defenders all over the perimeter that Gobert keeps from getting exposed because he's the generational talent on defense. Why do you think we routinely get torched in games when teams can successfully get Gobert out of the paint? Why do you think Tony Bradley suddenly wasn't such a bad defender during his time in Philly? It's not Gobert getting exposed, it's our perimeter defenders.

Similarly, when Gobert is sitting, it's not his backup getting exposed, it's our perimeter defenders. Favors is the only player on the team that doesn't share any of his minutes with Gobert. Our perimeter defenders get exposed without Gobert to protect them, and +/- watchers who don't understand what's happening just assume it must be Favors' fault.