What's new

Game Thread May 12, 2021 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs Blazers

Added to Calendar: 05-12-21

Or what we are seing is a tired team at the end of a compacted season playing without their 2 all-stars for the last 3 weeks, which is putting more pressure on the other guys.

Can you imagine what Portland would look like without Dame and CJ?

They'd still be better than the Kings and Knicks

My gawd we can’t get scrubs better than Forrest and Thomas? All but a couple sucking it up tonight. Where’s Ilyasova and Hughes?

lol, Houston scored 129 against Portland recently, with over half their team dead.
So, because a bad team scored tons of points on them, that means we are not tired?. That Portland wouldn't be more motivated against the top seed? You can't really give credit to the team, which, despite missing their two all-stars, are still fighting. Even a freakin rookie is getting major minutes. We are shorthanded and it's obvious we are going to struggle against a good team like Portland. We lack firepower.

When we struggle, you become really toxic.

We are shorthanded and it's obvious we are going to struggle against a good team like Portland. We lack firepower.
We literally have the 3rd best offensive rating in the entire NBA over the last two weeks. Saying we don't have firepower is just being deliberately obtuse.

We literally have the 3rd best offensive rating in the entire NBA over the last two weeks. Saying we don't have firepower is just being deliberately obtuse.
We won because Bogie and JC went supernova. Remove one of them (or have a below average shooting night from 3) and it gets really hard to score. Joe have not been the same (he is tired). Forrest and Oni can't score and both are getting tons of minutes (they shouldn't if we were healthy). We have no one on the roster who can blend a defense, unless JC is really on. We are really missing Mike and Conley at this point. BTW, what's the offensive rating without the SAC game? (highest in franchise history). Have you considered strength of schedule? how does it compare to earlier in the season? And in any case, even if its below of what it was, it shows the effort the team is putting in, but can't expect the same results against really good teams.

BTW, what's the offensive rating without the SAC game? (highest in franchise history). Have you considered strength of schedule? how does it compare to earlier in the season?
Without the SAC game it is 116.7. Only 3 teams in the league have higher.

Can't have a game without a couple of Bogey stripped drives.
One comment I want to make about this.

It seems to me that when any random defender swipes down at any random ball handler or any random defender reaches in against any random ball handler that there is often a foul called. Whether a foul actually happened or not it gets called a high percentage of the time.

Except with bojan. Defenders are always swiping down at the ball or reaching at the ball when he is driving and they almost never call a foul. It's like he is treated differently than ever other player in the NBA in that particular scenario.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

No way we can win shooting 27% from downtown.
They were making shots, and we were missing.
They were taking care of the ball and we were turning it over.
They had their full roster and we were missing a big chunk of ours. Game

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Hopefully we'll have them for the playoffs, because its obvious we won't see either of them sooner.