What's new

Game Thread May 14, 2021 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Thunder

Added to Calendar: 05-14-21

****ing bench pissing the lead away. And not paying attention to the shot-clock. Good hell.

I wonder if the Clippers want to drop to the 4th seed. They're pulling a lot of their normal rotation players out tonight. Houston is so far ahead in the tank race, they can afford to add a win.

Now the Jazz will sit back and see if the Suns win both their games with San Antonio. If so, Jazz will play for the win in their last game with Sacramento.

I wonder if the Clippers want to drop to the 4th seed. They're pulling a lot of their normal rotation players out tonight. Houston is so far ahead in the tank race, they can afford to add a win.
It makes sense for them but why would Nuggets want to swap places?

Nice win for the Jazz but our scrubs made it hard to enjoy. Can someone tell me why we play Thomas over Hughes. Guys were bricking and fouling so much Quin had to but Clarkson and Niang back in the game. JC holds of OKC with two 3 pts and our scrubs should be embarrassed how they played. Forrest played well tonight. I think if he develops his shooting he can be a backup in this league. Oni has disappointed me he seems very passive and sometimes he doesn't really do anything. I would like to see Brantley get some minutes to see if he could produce playing with some of the backups. Udoka was rusty which is understandable. I really rather see Huges play than Thomas. For all the publicity about Thomas 's shooting, he has sucked the majority of the games. He is just a chucker if he cannot make shots which he hasn't most of the time. Overall it would be nice to see the scrubs play better but the Jazz still won which is important. I am routing for SAS to beat the Suns so the Jazz can rest everyone the last game.

I don't think he heaved anything. He tried to throw a pass with like half a second left and it went off an OKC guy's leg to end the half. I think he's fine.

He did. It was the end of the 1st q then.

It makes sense for them but why would Nuggets want to swap places?
Of course they want to get the fourth seed because they would avoid having to play the LA or Phoenix. Right now I like the Jazz position if every thing remains the same as it is tonight. Jazz would play the winner of SAS and Memphis and then potentially play either Denver or Dallas both are beatable and in the WCF it could be either Lakers Clippers or Suns. So the Jazz would avoid two of those teams.

Jazz need a couple of easy wins leading up to the playoffs to get the seniors some rest and the deep bench some reps. The best part of the game was Mike shaking some rust off and Joe playing less minutes. The Joe exhaustion is a big storyline, btw. It's good he didn't play as many minutes as usual, but he really, really needs to play like 20 minutes next game, so hopefully the Kings game is similar.

Of course they want to get the fourth seed because they would avoid having to play the LA or Phoenix. Right now I like the Jazz position if every thing remains the same as it is tonight. Jazz would play the winner of SAS and Memphis and then potentially play either Denver or Dallas both are beatable and in the WCF it could be either Lakers Clippers or Suns. So the Jazz would avoid two of those teams.
That's not exactly how that works. the winner of the 10 vs 9 game plays the loser of the 8 vs 7 game. SAS is the 10 Memphis is the 9.

Nice win for the Jazz but our scrubs made it hard to enjoy. Can someone tell me why we play Thomas over Hughes. Guys were bricking and fouling so much Quin had to but Clarkson and Niang back in the game. JC holds of OKC with two 3 pts and our scrubs should be embarrassed how they played. Forrest played well tonight. I think if he develops his shooting he can be a backup in this league. Oni has disappointed me he seems very passive and sometimes he doesn't really do anything. I would like to see Brantley get some minutes to see if he could produce playing with some of the backups. Udoka was rusty which is understandable. I really rather see Huges play than Thomas. For all the publicity about Thomas 's shooting, he has sucked the majority of the games. He is just a chucker if he cannot make shots which he hasn't most of the time. Overall it would be nice to see the scrubs play better but the Jazz still won which is important. I am routing for SAS to beat the Suns so the Jazz can rest everyone the last game.
Hughes wasn't active tonight. I believe you can only have 15 dressed and Hughes and Spida were the designated inactives tonight. Hughes must not be impressing in practice.

Resting players is a blight on the game I put a multiple bet on with clippers involved and didn’t know George and Leonard were rested it’s ******** players have to rest they are such princesses there would be no way Stockton or Malone would rest during the season

Resting players is a blight on the game I put a multiple bet on with clippers involved and didn’t know George and Leonard were rested it’s ******** players have to rest they are such princesses there would be no way Stockton or Malone would rest during the season

It's the management more than the players. They're gambling that they'll get their desired outcome and that the players will avoid injury risk.

Let's be honest. Did anyone know any of the players from the Thunder tonight except Tony Bradley?

I love how Clarkson and Niang were put back in when it got to 17.
It should put to bed the “Jazz don’t care about seeding” or “they just wanted one of the top two seeds and didn’t care which one” narratives that would arise if we landed the 2 spot.