What's new

Game Thread May 23, 2021 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Grizzlies - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 05-23-21

Think this is a tough series for us. Who’s gonna guard Morant? Idk. I’m concerned. There’s really no pressure on them and the win in Golden State might be a helluva of a confidence booster. I also think JV can match up well with Rudy. Hopefully JJJ continues to be shaky offensively.
Jazz gonna smoke em. Our pace and our firepower and our depth and our homecourt advantage (I think we only lost 2 or 3 games at home when healthy this year and won like 22 in a row or something) is way too much for these guys.
Warriors lol. We would have whooped their asses too for the same reasons.

We too good.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Think this is a tough series for us. Who’s gonna guard Morant? Idk. I’m concerned. There’s really no pressure on them and the win in Golden State might be a helluva of a confidence booster. I also think JV can match up well with Rudy. Hopefully JJJ continues to be shaky offensively.
It's not like Morant scoring a lot is a death sentence: The Grizzlies are 7-9 when he scores 25+.

JV shot 43% when guarded by Gobert - he does not match up well with Rudy.

Who’s gonna guard Morant?
He can’t shoot. You funnel him into Gobert all day.

We beat these guys three times in 4 games and Conley missed one and Mitchell missed one. They tried three different defensive strategies in those 3 games and non of them worked. I’m honestly having trouble getting worried about this matchup. But that could all change if we don’t establish the tone for the series tonight.

Go Jazz!

I’m anxious to see how Spida looks after not playing for a month.

I also want to see angry Rudy dominate inside. JV helps them offensively but should be a huge Kanter/Boozer like vulnerability in our P&R action if our guards are aggressive and look for Rudy . If we get a fully engaged catching and dunking Rudy instead of thinking too much and trying a left handed hook Rudy, this is going to be a blowout.

But if Spida and our guards Chuck dumb 3 after dumb 3 and forget to even look for Rudy, then this is going to be very competitive. Begin with dismantling their P&R defense and abuse JV and then move to the 3 pt artillery.

I’m anxious to see how Spida looks after not playing for a month.

I also want to see angry Rudy dominate inside. JV helps them offensively but should be a huge Kanter/Boozer like vulnerability in our P&R action if our guards are aggressive and look for Rudy . If we get a fully engaged catching and dunking Rudy instead of thinking too much and trying a left handed hook Rudy, this is going to be a blowout.

But if Spida and our guards Chuck dumb 3 after dumb 3 and forget to even look for Rudy, then this is going to be very competitive. Begin with dismantling their P&R defense and abuse JV and then move to the 3 pt artillery.
On the other hand chucking 3's isn't dumb when your team is full of snipers and your have one of the best 3 point shooting teams of all time.

Crap I thought Donovan sprained his ankle.
I never knew he ruptured his achilles and tore all of his tendons in both knees.

I’m extremely confused. Every report was saying Mitchell was going to play and he has zero pain. Then he’s out 4 hours before tip-off?

I think they don't want to risk him. They are afraid that the playoffs will end if something happens to him.