What's new

Game Thread May 23, 2021 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Grizzlies - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 05-23-21

For real. How stupid is our FO? The offseason need for a perimeter defender was obvious. And then a chance to fill the need for free.

Dumb.
Even Shaq who would have made as many threes as Miye did tonight was better... he’s more disruptive and he’s got more experience... Oni plays really scared.

People, Grizzlies just played their best game possible. Everything broke their way. No Donovan, poor shooting, heaps of turnovers, poor effort, Rudy fouled out and wasn't there in clutch time, both Brooks and Morant went off, Memphis bench played great, Memphis was allowed to play overly physical defense while we had our 2 best players in foul trouble all night... and they won by 3 when we had a chance to send it to overtime. If the Jazz have a pedestrian game with Mitchell we win. The Jazz don't need to be overconfident, but I don't think any differently about this series than I did this morning.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

O’Neal was really bad down the stretch. Missed a wide open layup and then slipped on the last defensive play. Those things cannot happen.

Literally every confident prediction I make on this site bites me in the ***. Lesson learned, I hope.

Not great. See ya Wednesday.

The reason we lost was turnovers, plain and simple. We were in control and then we had a bunch of turnovers, several by Bogey. Then in the beginning of the 4th we were coming back and again more turnovers, this time by Clarkson who took some bad shots when he should've passed the ball. That's where he needs to improve, his court awareness. He takes a lot of bad shots with two and three guys on him when he should be passing the ball.
Yep. Despite the shooting, we win if we are better with the ball.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Getting beat by a tired team no 8 team on our home court is a disgrace. If we dont come back and win this series it will be two seasons in a row of choking in the first round of the playoffs. Last year was bad enough. This year and after finishing number one in the reg season it will haunt the Utah Jazz forever.

Dude same. The comeback is what makes it worse. The way we looked I would have rather lost by 15 in the end than fall short on a comeback.
The reason the comebacks piss me off so much is because it reveals that it's a mindset issue.

Maybe next game don't wait until you're down 15 in the 4th before playing smarter and harder.

Btw guys, Ernie just said that was the jazz 2nd lowest 3 point shooting game of the entire season. And we had a chance to tie on the last possession.

Think about that

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app