What's new

Game Thread May 31, 2021 07:30PM MT: Jazz at Grizzlies - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 05-31-21

I don't know why but it kind of made me think of the Germans and Jaeger. Many of them literally think of it as medicinal. I knew more than a few Mormons even who had a bottle of Jaeger and even offered me some as a missionary when I had a really bad cold. Happened when we lived there in 2015 as well. The cultural drinking (and eating) differences are interesting for sure.
Yeah, I think its pretty similar. There is certain alcoholic drinks for certain sicknesses here. Mostly they think hot water cures everything. I hate when its 100 degrees outside and im thirsty and they give me hot hot water. They are like it will cool you off because it will make you sweat and the wind will cool you. Hey, dumbass I am drenched in sweat.

Its a different era but I think Rodman was just as versatile and better.
Pippen, Dream, The Admiral, Big Ben Wallace, Dwight Howard, and Bruce Bowen were all fantastic defenders. Bowen was like Velcro. Pippen was ridiculous in the passing lanes such a disrupter. Dream and The Admiral blocked the paint. I think the Admiral and Rudy were very similar in their length and agility. Big Ben was one of the most interesting players I’ve ever seen.

I was too young to appreciate him, but I remember Gary Payton being a really good man to man defender. Did he ever win DPOY?

Draymond recently said he's the best defender ever. For me, players I seen its a three way dance between Rudy, Rodman and Mutombo
Hakeem is first, Rudy is second, Mutombo is third. Rodman and Dray are elite but are in a different category and are simply not as impactful.

Perhaps. I guess I give the edge to Dray since at his contributions were less narrow.
Dray is absolutely more versatile, no doubt. But for just defense and rebounding rodman was definitely better.

I liked how Kenny Smith called out Draymond for his critique of Gobert’s defense.
What was funny is I was watching with my brother in law and said... “now watch Draymond is totally gonna bag on Rudy”. His point wasn’t completely bogus but the way he made it looked like we were down 20 and Rudy was garbage

Hold on guys, I couldn’t have been the only person seeing Bogie get hurt on the last play of the game. He was favoring his wrist and then held it after the game clock expired. Anyone else see that? I think he jammed it on the person he was defending.
Yeah, it happened with 13 seconds left. Bogie was trying to rub off on a Jared Jackson pick to release to get the ball. As he did, I think Jackson grabbed his arm or his arm got caught in the mixup. He was grabbing it instantly and didn't stop rubbing it for the next 45 seconds or so.

Hakeem is first, Rudy is second, Mutombo is third. Rodman and Dray are elite but are in a different category and are simply not as impactful.

Rodman's rebounding was the best I'd ever seen. Didn't see prime Hakeem because we didn't get a heap of NBA here when i was a kid. Mutombo was one of my favourites growing up, I was 6 foot tall at 11 so I played a lot of 5 as a kid.