What's new

Mayweather v. McGregor

Get Floyd out of the equation completely. Give the McGregor fight to Pacquiao. Would be much more entertaining.

If he wants to start boxing he should start with a fight he can actually win. Get him a lame duck opponent then try to challenge top boxers/past their prime legends.

If he wants to start boxing he should start with a fight he can actually win. Get him a lame duck opponent then try to challenge top boxers/past their prime legends.

Agree, but he's obviously not going to do that. Some no name beating him up would pretty much ruin any chance of getting that big $$$$$ fight down the road. The unknown is the appeal here.

Agree, but he's obviously not going to do that. Some no name beating him up would pretty much ruin any chance of getting that big $$$$$ fight down the road. The unknown is the appeal here.

Certainly they could find a match he is capable of winning, right? Is he actually training to be a boxer or is it entirely a one-off gimmick?

Certainly they could find a match he is capable of winning, right? Is he actually training to be a boxer or is it entirely a one-off gimmick?

It just wont work, the key word here is depth and I'll explain precisely the issue in the next paragraph. if he has to fight his way thru the ladder like a boxer chances are astronomically high that he faceplants once he gets up to any sort of decent competition.

These (smaller dude) weight classes that he'd be in are super-loaded --- There's a reason why sometimes Boxers have to wait tiltheir 30's (and the top competition is STILL ducking them) to get title shots sometimes and conversely in the UFC you've got champions with less than 10 wins (or Brock Lesnar just getting title shots and reduced drug testing sanctions whenever he wants LOL) that reason is the depth of talent at these weight classes.. At some point the water is gonna get way too hot to handle and trust me it's not gonna be some big money fight --- Some dude waiting for a big money fight will make an example of him something serious.

I mean this with no racism at all attached but just to make an example - there's like(several)Japanese dudes and south americans and africans and fighters all over the world that would be licking their chops to get MacGreggor in the ring...

If somehow he made it to the level of a real title contender, that'swhen the party would end.

There's no way he could ever work his way up to fighting floyd legit, there's so many dudes more deserving he'd have to beat.. Floyd is like beyond final boss status, he'slike the dude who won the game and still hangs around to remind everyone who's the best.

It is much easier for a Boxer to transition to UFC at a high level than vice versa. Holly Holm proved it. Longtime UFC fans will remember Vitor Belfort who UFC (in his early days) used to call the most devastating striker in the sport --- McGreggor's pro boxing career would probably go slightly better, but not much.

Let him have Canelo... Thats thefight if he wants to jump in the deep end without testing the water.. Mexican fans and Irish fans will make the venue nuts. Canelo will brutalize him tho, it'd be a short fight... and I'm not even a big fan of his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6loaVzdTbeE

Amir Khan would pick him to shreds, he could put on a masterclass lesson for all to see (Sorta like what Floyd would do to him, the action would unfold similarly)

Of all the fights the handlers would NEVER let happen McGreggor vs the top Cuban at 154 would be near the top of the list(with Terence Crawford).. You could bet the farm, the pension, the kids college fund, the mortgage, etc.. I'd say have a yard sale before the match and let the profits ride...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUsOFop4lHo

This would be an epic, humbling embarrassment for McGreggor.. Same deal with Crawford -- Who would probably let him unload in the first2rds to show the strength of the beard and line him up perfectly and then the fight would start in the 3rd(this is how many of his fights play out) and the beatdown would commence and he'd just circle around McGreggor in both directions landing bombs and combinations

It just wont work, the key word here is depth and I'll explain precisely the issue in the next paragraph. if he has to fight his way thru the ladder like a boxer chances are astronomically high that he faceplants once he gets up to any sort of decent competition.

These (smaller dude) weight classes that he'd be in are super-loaded --- There's a reason why sometimes Boxers have to wait tiltheir 30's (and the top competition is STILL ducking them) to get title shots sometimes and conversely in the UFC you've got champions with less than 10 wins (or Brock Lesnar just getting title shots and reduced drug testing sanctions whenever he wants LOL) that reason is the depth of talent at these weight classes.. At some point the water is gonna get way too hot to handle and trust me it's not gonna be some big money fight --- Some dude waiting for a big money fight will make an example of him something serious.

I mean this with no racism at all attached but just to make an example - there's like(several)Japanese dudes and south americans and africans and fighters all over the world that would be licking their chops to get MacGreggor in the ring...

If somehow he made it to the level of a real title contender, that'swhen the party would end.

There's no way he could ever work his way up to fighting floyd legit, there's so many dudes more deserving he'd have to beat.. Floyd is like beyond final boss status, he'slike the dude who won the game and still hangs around to remind everyone who's the best.

What about putting him in the boxing ring w/ another MMA fighter looking to make the transition? Or would that just expose his lack of technique even in a case of a victory?

Keith "One Time" (27-0-0 22KO's) Thurman would 2- piece his *** and drop him like a sack of potatoes... The way McGreggor stands and the force which Thurman throws hooks in rapid succession would result in a vicious KO -- Thurman would be headhunting for the entire 1st rd and it could happen real quick..

What about putting him in the boxing ring w/ another MMA fighter looking to make the transition? Or would that just expose his lack of technique even in a case of a victory?

Nothing is gonna prepare his chin, which has already been tested.. or prepare him for actually beating thru lets just say a bunch of dudes Mayweather's already handled with ease..

Shawn Porter (26-2-1) who fights an in your face, rush you type of style would just overwhelm him, he'd grab all the momentum and destroy his entire rhythm.. (Highly recommend catching the replay of him vs the aforementioned Keith Thurman thatwas the FOTY in 2016 IMO)

He can't ready himself for that type of onslaught.. simply out of his depth.. You can't stand like that and beat these guys!!!

He doesn't have a chance in hell vs Kell Brook(36-1-0 25ko's), he'd get PUMMELED.. BULLDOZED.. beaten from rope to rope.. Some of these guys I'mtalking about here if were at 155lbs aregonna look much bigger than Connor.. Brook's only loss is to Golovkin.. He walks around at 170lbs...

Paulie Malignaggi, whos the best TV analyst in any sport right now IMO had this to say;

"While that is a paycut for Floyd Mayweather, it's definitely not a paycut for me...I would take even $5 million and Conor can take $45 and after I beat his ***, I'll take the upper hand on the rematch...that is a free money," stated former world champion Paulie Malignaggi, who shared his thoughts Dana White's offer to Floyd Mayweather.

I read that Connor is under contract for 4 more fights with the ufc before he can even think about getting his *** kicked against floyd.

I read that Connor is under contract for 4 more fights with the ufc before he can even think about getting his *** kicked against floyd.

There will be an audience for it either way, if its MMA or boxing one or the other will get their arse kicked. I'm sure there is a huge audience out there who would enjoy watching Mayweather cop a flogging.

There will be an audience for it either way, if its MMA or boxing one or the other will get their arse kicked. I'm sure there is a huge audience out there who would enjoy watching Mayweather cop a flogging.
I agree but my point was that the fight can't/won't happen until Connor fights 4 more fights in the ufc. That will probably take a few years. By then floyd will be really old so I'm thinking the fight never happens.

Though floyd will probably be broke by that time with the way he spends money so maybe he will still take the fight even if he is too old.

Is it 4 or 6 months between fights in UFC? he could fight 4 time in 18 months. That said, a buyout is more likely, still don't think the fight will happen. Mayweather is at the end of his career and is looking for another payday and you can't blame him for that. (He's a fairly horrible human being so if your looking for something to blame him for, look no further.) But why would McGregor be that interested? He's probably got another 5 or 6 years left in him why is he chasing a payday instead of establishing a legacy.