What's new

Melo traded to OKC for Enes and McDermott

And, as much as I don't like Kanter, Placing him next to Porz in the Eastern conference is pretty much the best case scenario for him. Him and the other pieces were a much better value than the Knicks would have received from Houston.

And Crymello is not trash (in terms of winning-style of basketball)? He's a me first player going to a team of me first players. I can't see this making OKC that much better on the court. They just added 1 more no defense ball stopper that doesn't run a system.

Look, Carmelo might be my least favorite player of his generation. But if you don't think he brings more to OKC than Kanter and McD, then I suggest you look again.

st-mediaday-170925.jpg

The Oklahoman (09-26-17) unveils the new look Thunder starters on media day: L/R 21 Andre Roberson, 13 Paul George, 0 Russell Westbrook, center Billy Donovan, 7 Carmello Anthony & 12 Stephen Adams.​

BTW, how does Presti make these moves? They gave up nothing of value and ended up with two superstars, arguably. Making the rest of the NBA look crappy. It's too bad for OKC that Clay Bennett is such a ****ing dumb sack of **** and pushed Harden out because he didn't want to amnesty Kendrick Perkins lol.

Laughable comment. First off, it's possible Kanter is the better player moved in this deal. Melo is in steep decline and is on a massive contract. He also sucks.

Second, Presti just put OKC well into the LT. Why didn't he do that with 3 MVP candidates? Lesson learned?

Melo is terrible offensively and defensively. Naturally he's hurts any team he's on and helps any team he leaves. He's a name, nothing more. Lol@ OKC.

And I've been the rare Melo apologist as a Jazz fan for most of his career. But he sucks and has been getting worse consistently for at least the last 4 years.

Laughable comment. First off, it's possible Kanter is the better player moved in this deal. Melo is in steep decline and is on a massive contract. He also sucks.

Second, Presti just put OKC well into the LT. Why didn't he do that with 3 MVP candidates? Lesson learned?

Lesson learned? The devil is in the details.

South Beach treats... ...OKC pimp wanna be
rsz_x2_27ac584.jpg

James Harden & Eric Maynor hit the town (Miami) partying well into the morning throughout the playoffs. That's when the playoffs were a 2 - 3 - 2 finals to accommodate the media. Harden & Maynor partied in OKC were the bars close at 2 a.m., on nights the Thunder hosted the Heat in the playoffs.

When Thunder GM Sam Presti became aware of this; he quickly acted on Serge Ibaka's contact and basically let Harden walk (trade to Houston).

Durant was furious about Presti's decision to pass on J.H., that was when he got an attitude with the Thunder organization.

Harden's performance was crucial to the Thunder winning its 1st NBA championship.

2010: Oklahoma City bar manager cited for allowing underage Thunder player James Harden inside: http://newsok.com/article/3459318

Last edited:
Russell Westbrook extension signed with Oklahoma City Thunder. Per WOJ (Andrian Wojnarowski), $205 million extension for the next six years at a total of $233 million, biggest total in league history.

The extension was signed on Kevin Durant's birthday:

JXyKsxpYrbOj.jpg

Time to rename Oklahoma City Boulevard...

Russell Westbrook has agreed to a five-year, $205M contract extension with OKC, league sources tell ESPN.
12:15 PM - 29 Sep 2017

35289593343_11f43a5bfd_b.jpg

Oklahoma City Thunder Regular Season Schedule - 2017-18

ESPN NBA Oklahoma City Thunder: http://www.espn.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/okc/seasontype/2 (ET)

Central timezone, key dates:

2017-18 Jazz vs Thunder series CST

Sat, Oct 21 @ Utah 8:00 PM Vivint Smart Home Arena
Tue, Dec 5 vs Utah 7:00 PM Chesapeake Energy Arena
Wed, Dec 20 vs Utah 7:00 PM Chesapeake Energy Arena
Sat, Dec 23 @ Utah 7:00 PM Vivint Smart Home Arena​

ChesapeakeArenaEntrance.jpg

100 W Reno Ave, Oklahoma City

Wish you (Utah Jazz fans) the best for the 2017-18 season. It was fun; but I must run,

Laramie Dee, OKC

35289593343_11f43a5bfd_b.jpg

Oklahoma City Thunder Regular Season Schedule - 2017-18

ESPN NBA Oklahoma City Thunder: http://www.espn.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/okc/seasontype/2 (ET)

Central timezone, key dates:

2017-18 Jazz vs Thunder series CST

Sat, Oct 21 @ Utah 8:00 PM Vivint Smart Home Arena
Tue, Dec 5 vs Utah 7:00 PM Chesapeake Energy Arena
Wed, Dec 20 vs Utah 7:00 PM Chesapeake Energy Arena
Sat, Dec 23 @ Utah 7:00 PM Vivint Smart Home Arena​

ChesapeakeArenaEntrance.jpg

100 W Reno Ave, Oklahoma City

Wish you (Utah Jazz fans) the best for the 2017-18 season. It was fun; but I must run,

Laramie Dee, OKC

Dude i think you've screwed the pooch adding Melo, i thought you'd be a good 2-3 seed with just PG but Carmelo is going to drag you down to the 5-6 seed.

Russell Westbrook $28,530,608
Carmelo Anthony $26,243,760
Paul George $19,508,958

29d7755c6a26e0ae21ef0f631d9c89c0

Thank you Salt Lake City, you influenced Oklahoma City to pursue an NBA franchise.

You're welcome!

Hope you're enjoying Melo!

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaheeeeeehaaaaaaaaahaaaaheeeeeeeehaaaaaaahaaaaheeeeehaaaheehoooooohaaaaaa

Well, what do you know, Kanter is having season of his life. He even had few games with 5+ assists. Strange how playing in right situation can make wonders.