What's new

Melo?

juds101

With all the stuff being thrown out there about Melo wanting out of Denver before the season starts just makes me wonder why Utah doesnt get in the game for Melo, just an Idea

Utah trades Ak, Miles, Hayward, (rights to Tomic) and a 1st round pick (maybe throw Fez if that makes the deal) -sounds like a lot i know

Denver trades Melo(enough said), JR Smith (who when he is on is unstopable), Birdman (length and defense)

Denver makes this trade to get youth and start rebuilding next year with some taleted pieces and cap relief with Aks contract and possibly Miles. That way now it looks like Denver has a future kind of set in place.

Utah makes this trade to give Dwill another Allstar to play with (Yes, giving up a lot but will have to trust the youngster on the bench) sign Thompson and Evans and just look at this team.

Starters; Dwill, Bell, Melo, Millsap, Anderson
Bench; Price, JR smith, Thompson, Jefferson, Memo

Have decent defenders and scoring options in every position. I think that this would be a team that competes for a Championship!!

Ps. Im new to Jazzfanz, I just found out about it. Ive been on tribtalk since June and have 213 post

I think he clearly likes what his buddies are doing over in Miami. He wants a good team with other star players, cap space, and one of the top markets.

Utahs not a top market but does win a ton of games and goes deep into the playoffs yearly and with that team we would still have tons of star players Like Dwill Jefferson Milsap Bell and Memo and He might see that he might be the piece that puts us over the edge against the Lakers and wouldnt it be awesome to watch Utah vs Miami in the Finals with that team. We would kill them

Dwill vs Chalmers
Bell vs Wade
Melo vs James
Jefferson vs Bosh
Birdman vs Anthony
Smith vs Miller
Milsap vs Haslem
Memo vs Malgorie

Now thats a fun game to watch. I love it Melo vs James

...Melo is an East Coast "hopper." He'd rather do this:

cj_avatar2.gif

on the East Coast...than this:

cj_avatar2.gif

on the West Coast! He's not leaving Denver....to sign with Utah!

Last edited:
Why would we ever trade for Melo? He doesn't want to be here, and we don't want him here.

Just think how good Melo is playing with Billips now just think how good he would be playing with Dwill Maybe thinking dual MVP? Thats a solid trio with Jefferson with some great impact players like bell memo and Millsap. And who is gonig to offer a better deal then that? Ak is still a great glue guy Hayward has a chance to be great Miles is getting better each year and Tomic they claim is the 2nd coming of Paul Gasol plus a pick. So put that together with Lawson waive Billips and If you lose Billips and Melo Harrington will opt out. So really all you have to worry about is Nene picking up his option for 11 mil next year if not your at like 10 million on books with a great group of youth and even if Nene says yes ill come back your be at 20 mil on books. That gives you enough money to throw 12 million at Jeff Green and 12 Mill at Oden M. Gasol J. Noah and gives you the chance to rebuild pretty quick.

Potentialy Lawson Miles Green Nene Gasol bench of Afflalo Hayward Balkman Tomic not a bad little lineup to grow with

Why would we ever trade for Melo? He doesn't want to be here, and we don't want him here.

Id like him here he will score you 25-30 a night and can take over a game and what do you do if your playing the Jazz double team Jefferson Melo or Dwill then you get Bell and Memo sitting out there making it rain!!

Id take the best deal that helps me win in the future. Just look at what Minny did just giving us there best player for 2 draft picks and kosfos. And if Utah has hte best offer I think they take it. And who else is really going to give them a better offer? NY nope Houston could put together a compelling offer though picks , lee, budinger and hill i guess

Why does everyone think that Denver can get a "great" deal for Melo? What did the Jazz get when Boozer said he was going to "get a raise"..... not a damn thing. I actually am not a fan of Melo, but would LOVE IT if the Jazz could get him. If they were able to keep Milsap, then I would trade anything (except for obviously Deron and Jefferson) Any kind of line up with Deron, Melo, Milsap and Jefferson would be AWESOME! If the Jazz pull this off and get him I would Immediately place the Jazz as the Best in the West! Do this KOC and you deserve a statue, which will be unveiled at the Championship parade.

Why does everyone think that Denver can get a "great" deal for Melo? What did the Jazz get when Boozer said he was going to "get a raise"..... not a damn thing. I actually am not a fan of Melo, but would LOVE IT if the Jazz could get him. If they were able to keep Milsap, then I would trade anything (except for obviously Deron and Jefferson) Any kind of line up with Deron, Melo, Milsap and Jefferson would be AWESOME! If the Jazz pull this off and get him I would Immediately place the Jazz as the Best in the West! Do this KOC and you deserve a statue, which will be unveiled at the Championship parade.

Denver isn't trading Melo for an expiring, a crap pick, and spare parts. They'll get talent if they do trade him. Sources say Gallinari is obtainable. I'd take him, Curry, and someone like Chandler (do they still have him?) over the meager offer the Jazz can give. And NY would do that without Denver giving up two contributors.

I disagree Melo would not come here. He only has one year left, then he's on the market all the same. Meanwhile, he has a legitimate shot at a championship, all the additional hype that ESPN would give him if on this team, and he's out of the place he does not want to play in. D-Will, AJ, Melo, and throw in whatever spare parts you want and you look pretty good. I think Jazz could offer any combination of AK, Bell, Milsap, Memo, the unproven rookie, and three years of unprotected first round picks and would improve to champion contender (1 of 3--Jazz, Lakers, Heat). They should bet the farm and agree to whatever Denver asks for that meets league requirements.

D-Will, AJ, Melo = contender. This team is nowhere close.

dump half

dump half of your team including 3 youngins with potential..(tomic heralded as next pau...) for a 1 year rental on a guy who is me 1st team 2nd and sure to leave for greener pastures if the jazz don't luck out on the championship.. even if for some reason it did happen.. it won't.. it'd be fun to watch but I don't think its a smart plan

Yeah I would hate giving away half the team for a possible 1 year rental but with Melo we will go deep and i think that would be enoughto sign an extention. New Yorks willing to give up curry Gallinari with a 1st round pick. Maybe Utah says we can do better and we make a crazy move you guys might not want hear about but we give up Millsap, Hayward, Fez and a 1st round pick. Its better then what New Yorks offering plus we can keep the team mostly intact.

Gives Utah a great 8-9 man rotation Dwill Bell Melo AK Jefferson bench Price Miles Memo with Evans and (hopefully Thompson) a chance to crack the rotation.

No way in hell would Carmello stay or that the Jazz would even be in a position to pull it off. Not even worth the discussion.