What's new

Melo?

The Jazz have something to offer Denver that other NBA markets do not: Melo's People of Utah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZPeP69tdoc

Denver isn't trading Melo for an expiring, a crap pick, and spare parts. They'll get talent if they do trade him. Sources say Gallinari is obtainable. I'd take him, Curry, and someone like Chandler (do they still have him?) over the meager offer the Jazz can give. And NY would do that without Denver giving up two contributors.

First of all, we can all certainly agree that this whole Melo trade idea is retarded anyway. But just to answer your answer - the theoretical trade package that juds came up with is FAR better than the one you came up with for the Knicks. Kirilenko/Miles/Hayward/Tomic >>>>> Gallinari/Curry/Chandler.

That's a laughable deal on Denver's part. They can do a lot better than that.

So Denver gives up an all-star + a very good backup center for a #9 pick, a questionable Euro and CJ? Oh yeah, and cap relief. But is Denver interested in "rebuilding?" With 'Melo as an asset you want to get high value in a trade, not throw away the next several seasons.

KOC would get GM of the decade if he pulled that off.

But it's a "mute" point to discuss Carmel in Utah. He's not a good fit and he plays for a division rival. Never, ever going to happen.

Carmelo will never be able (or won't bother) to remember the plays we run.

I think we should try for Nene if the Nuggets decide to have a fire sale.

For all of those saying, "Hell no! We'll only have him for a year before he splits and we get nothing for him!" I have to ask, if it gets the Jazz a championship, their first ever, is it not worth it? Or would you rather keep the team you have and wallow in mediocrity forever?

Personally, I trade away half the team and take the championship.

Do you think Rockets fans would trade their team's history for the Jazz' team history?? Always a bridesmaid but never the bride...