What's new

Michael Gilchrist

River's is a shooting guard. Marshall is not quite what I would call a franchise PG. Very solid, but nothing special. This coming from a NC fan.

My friend taught him this year.

I want him because I think he'd be a great fit being as we badly need a 3, he could be a lockdown defender, can penetrate, and so on and so on. I also want him because maybe I could get free tix to a game or two out in SLC, meet him and some players, ectetera, all via my friend. I have no pull of course.

"Taught" as in school or ???

Most analysts see Teague and Kabongo being elite NBA point guards. Teague is more of a scorer (less athletic Derrick Rose) while Kabongo is an excellent passer with better handles (more of a Rondo player).

I dont know about you guys but I'd take a Rondo type player over Rose anyday.

River's is a shooting guard. Marshall is not quite what I would call a franchise PG. Very solid, but nothing special. This coming from a NC fan.

This. And don't even think about trying to make Rivers a PG, LOL. I like Marshall quite a bit, but agree he's not likely destined to be a top NBA pg.

I think Gilchrist is who I want most, considering with how it appears his character is and that in conjunction with the positive attitudes of the other uus we've got. Not understanding the Barnes hype. Though I'm not averse to taking a PG with a second pick if we keep both, I really think relying on someone to run the PG spot having been in college a year, in addition to bow young we are. I'd rather pick up a cheaper veteran like Hinrich.

Also, if the CBA stipulates that only sophomores can come out then you cross your fingers on GS landing a top 7 pick.

Most analysts see Teague and Kabongo being elite NBA point guards. Teague is more of a scorer (less athletic Derrick Rose) while Kabongo is an excellent passer with better handles (more of a Rondo player).

I dont know about you guys but I'd take a Rondo type player over Rose anyday.

Wow, that's a tough call for me. I love Rondo, but I'm not sure I'd take him over Rose.

As for Teague and Kabongo .. Teague has excellent handles, quickness, crossover, etc. About the same for Kabongo, they both tend to over-penetrate and be a little careless with the ball .. but they both seem to be fast-tracking to true PG .. this year will tell a whole lot.

What if the new CBA requires college players to stay until their sophomore year? We would be screwed.

I REALLY don't think that's going to be a sticking point with the mountain of more important ones out there. And I think that's silly.

Lulz. I would say something about Kentucky boosters, but I mean, I really don't need to.

You're probably right but he is related to Dejuan Wagner so perhaps he hooked him up. Ya know, because I'm sure Dejuan's been so wise with the money he's made.

I like Gilchrist too. I saw him for the first time at the Nike Hoop's Allstar game. He seemed stand out to me. I saw a little Jordan in his game. I am not saying he will become Jordan, he just seemed to move like him a little. I was impressed with his defense and athleticism. However, I didn't see him take too many outside shots so I don't know how well he can shoot. I certainly will keep my eye on him.

I like Gilchrist too. I saw him for the first time at the Nike Hoop's Allstar game. He seemed stand out to me. I saw a little Jordan in his game. I am not saying he will become Jordan, he just seemed to move like him a little. I was impressed with his defense and athleticism. However, I didn't see him take too many outside shots so I don't know how well he can shoot. I certainly will keep my eye on him.

His outside shot is his only weak spot, but he shot 40% from 3 last year, so he's obviously got the shot to keep the defense honest. His length, strength, handles, motor, passing, and atheticism are pretty hard to stop. Amazed that he averaged 5 blocks last year.

Sounds like the 2012 draft could either be extremely epic or it could be really weak (minus the top few picks). I believe the majority of the owners would like to up the age limit requirements to 20, while the NBPA actually wants to lower it to 18 (https://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/fe...ing-draft-eigibility-age-to-18-in-cba-counter)

If it's upped to 20 (I hear some owners want to go a step further and get it to 21) then the first 3 picks will be big (Barnes, P. Jones, Sullinger) and I guess Terrence Jones might be up there as well, but the rest of the draft will be awful.

On the other hand if the players get their way and get the age limit down to 18 (which by the way is something that I don't understand as these kids will in essence be taking their jobs), then not only do we get the top sophmores (Barnes, Joneses, Sullinger) and the hyped up freshman class (Davis, Gilchrist, Rivers, Kabongo, Miller, etc), but also the top 2012 HS grads (haven't seen much of these guys, but from the looks of it Andre Drummond is someone that I'd probably give up anyone on our current roster to get).

The draft needs to be done like the MLB draft. Either you enter as a high schooler or you go to school for 3 years. It benefits the pro game and the college game. I don't see why this hasn't been done yet, it's a proven model.