What's new

Mike Conley Contingency Plan

So what I mean is to be able to play a consistent number of minutes, game after game, through a whole season. Maybe not 40 minutes, but 12 at least, Enough to let another player with a reasonably comproble skill set get some rest every game.

If there's no hope for that, we have to find a new plan.
I'm wondering if Conley's hamstring issues aren't a back issue. We didn't get a lot of info from the Jazz but when the pain in the hammy was moving if something else was going on.

That will never happen. He will miss games. Every single back-to-back at minimum, and I would guess a minimum of 20% of his games (he didn't play 5 consecutive games after his first hamstring injury this year).

I can deal with aggressive load management in the regular season, but only if a guy can last the playoffs. I don't believe Conley can without continued load management.
It would be wild but I’d manage him in the playoffs too. I’m sure Chuck and Shaq would cook us but it might be how he has to roll.

If we had one more useable vet the. Load management should be something we use for all the guys... Mike and Joe at the top of the list.

I’m not crazy for any of those trades for us. Lonzo is my favorite. I think I am done with the concept of giving up draft assets for aging vets. Lowry and DeRozan do nothing for me.

I'm not a fan of trading for DeRozan or Lowry (he's an UFA anyway though right?)

Lonzo Ball is extremely hard to pull off, but maybe it's possible. Would cost us 2 of Conley, Clarkson and Bojan, but I would still probably do it.

Feels like a good time to bump this thread where I suggested we should target DeRozan.

The first post I quoted got 7 likes lmao. I’m glad DeRozan doesn’t do anything for you guys and you aren’t a fan.

He is definitely playing some otherworldly ball right now.
Would Quin be comfortable with his midrange game though?

Feels like a good time to bump this thread where I suggested we should target DeRozan.

The first post I quoted got 7 likes lmao. I’m glad DeRozan doesn’t do anything for you guys and you aren’t a fan.

I was wrong about DeRozan. I knew he was a solid player, but I didn't think he was capable of what he has been doing. I questioned his fit next to Donovan, and I shouldn't have. The guy is playing really great basketball right now.

I was wrong about DeRozan. I knew he was a solid player, but I didn't think he was capable of what he has been doing. I questioned his fit next to Donovan, and I shouldn't have. The guy is playing really great basketball right now.
DeRozan has the best Mid-range game in the league. I was blessed to see him play in person here in Toronto many times live.