What's new

Mike Conley Resurgence

Conley's play has been outstanding. That being said, he played lots better last year than folks gave him credit for and it seemed pretty clear that he had lots left in the tank. Hope he stays healthy.
Hardy has been fantastic no doubt, but I think Quin is getting some unfair blame. Yes, Mike struggled his first year in Quins system, but the next 3 years he played terrific in the system, he even made his only all-star game two years ago under Quin. Quin coached the Jazz to the best record in the league two years ago, the #1 offense in the league last year and #2 the year before, we also had the #1defense and #2 defense in the league under Quin during the 17-18 and 18-19 seasons.

Some of the criticism is fair, lack of flexibility with his lineups and rotations, and lack of adjustments among other things, but acting like Quin was a bad coach or like he didn't get the best out of his players is just silly and not true.
Very well said. Mike played well last year and IMO it was clear there was plenty left in the tank. The truth is, he and Donovan didn't fit well together. The problem was greatly amplified when an inexperienced owner turned the franchise over to a young player who was not ready for it. Quin didn't lose the locker room, Ryan gave it to someone else and the problems translated to what went on between the lines. I give Ainge credit for righting the mistake Ryan created.

Last edited:
Conley is averaging 8 APG to only 1.4 TPG. That is an ELITE 5.6 AST/TO ratio.

My guess is a knee sprain, but he will be out a few weeks for sure.

As we dig into the rotation, perhaps gives Ochai a few additional minutes.
Seems like beasley should be able to play the position a bit as well.

how is there still no news on Mike? How long do MRI's takes? i'm sure one of you weekend DJs should know the answer. I've already gotten amazing medical advice from a few of yall on this forum.

he's 5th on assists.

Was thinking through options… if Mikes injury is long term and THT/others can’t pickup the slack… a low budget trade option would be Devonte Graham… decent playmaker and shooter at pg… solid game manager that is on the fringe of the deep NO rotation. They’d love to be off of his deal as they have a cap crunch coming. It’s basically 2 years 12m per… Gay and NAw would match… though NAW may have to go to a third team and another expiring deal subbed in to avoid the reacquiring player rule.

Was thinking through options… if Mikes injury is long term and THT/others can’t pickup the slack… a low budget trade option would be Devonte Graham… decent playmaker and shooter at pg… solid game manager that is on the fringe of the deep NO rotation. They’d love to be off of his deal as they have a cap crunch coming. It’s basically 2 years 12m per… Gay and NAw would match… though NAW may have to go to a third team and another expiring deal subbed in to avoid the reacquiring player rule.
I think him being dealt to Portland first may have negated that. Or that may even just be for signings and not trades.

I think him being dealt to Portland first may have negated that. Or that may even just be for signings and not trades.
Yeah I’m not sure… there are work arounds. I think we might be able to sneak out of a deal Graham with a couple seconds too.

We don’t need to do anything unless it’s long term… and if THT/JC/Sexton aren’t covering well enough. Was just looking at guys that can fill the Conley role and he seemed like the most available substitute.

He is horrendous

Not sure Ainge should panic to get help while Conley recovers
Conley may not miss much
Team seems to rally when challenged
Maybe everybody can cover for Conley and no doubt Conley can be another coach for everyone