What's new

Millers sell the Jazz

Would it though? Maybe right now, but 20 years down the line, I'm not so sure. . .
I don't know why we are even freaking out about it... there are 5-6 teams that would be waaaaaaay better relocation candidates than us.

This guy apparently said owning the Jazz was his dream... I don't think the dream was to get the team and move it so that he could make some extra money and become the biggest villain in his home state.

I'm pretty surprised by this. I have no idea what this means for the team.

Is this guy Mormon as well? Or can we finally get some Sunday home games?!

Absolutely connected with the politics of what is going on...

Always funny when people apply their favorite axe-grind to everything that happens in life. Millers sell the Jazz? Must be the players protesting! NBA ratings are down? Must be the players protesting! It's cold outside this morning? Must be the players protesting!

Aren't they probably selling the team for the same reason that most people sell anything... money? Their other businesses are probably down because of the economy and covid-19. Their advisers probably told them that the Jazz are their most valuable asset at the moment, so that's what they decided to sell.

The Millers saved the franchise. Now it's time for a new owner to get us a banner. This is fantastic news.

I'm pretty surprised by this. I have no idea what this means for the team.

Is this guy Mormon as well? Or can we finally get some Sunday home games?!
He is Mormon... couple guys I know were in his ward at BYU. They said he was a super nerd... he wins obvi.

Best thing that coulda happened to the franchise. Been saying here for years that the mediocrity that has stunk this place up for years trickled down all the way from ownership.

Las Vegas Jazz, Seattle Jazz, and St. Louis Jazz are things that come to mind. We'll see in a few years. But every new owner is "committed to keeping their team in the current market". Until it comes time for new digs.

Five years tops.

Las Vegas Jazz, Seattle Jazz, and St. Louis Jazz are things that come to mind. We'll see in a few years. But every new owner is "committed to keeping their team in the current market". Until it comes time for new digs.

Five years tops.
Yes... this happens all the time. The hometown guy who has more money than god buys a beloved franchise that is his dream to own... then he turns and flips it a bigger market to get some extra bucks or be worth more on paper. Would be even better in a transient market like Las Vegas that has no guarantee of being as profitable as it is in a growing market with a rabid fan base.

Always funny when people apply their favorite axe-grind to everything that happens in life. Millers sell the Jazz? Must be the players protesting! NBA ratings are down? Must be the players protesting! It's cold outside this morning? Must be the players protesting!

Aren't they probably selling the team for the same reason that most people sell anything... money? Their other businesses are probably down because of the economy and covid-19. Their advisers probably told them that the Jazz are their most valuable asset at the moment, so that's what they decided to sell.

Are you really going to sit there with a straight face and tell us that it's not the players fault that it's cold outside?

I've heard it all now!

Viv is the third oldest arena in the NBA. If this qualtrics tech bro sees his suddenly successful business take a downturn, moving to a new arena in a bigger city would be a quick way to make a few $billion.

Millers needed to sell to save jobs and the franchise. Covid19 destroyed all their revenue sources. The new owner can weather the storm....and take advantage of any financial distress of other teams to improve the roster.

Viv is the third oldest arena in the NBA. If this qualtrics tech bro sees his suddenly successful business take a downturn, moving to a new arena in a bigger city would be a quick way to make a few $billion.
There is nothing quick about a relocation. Why wouldn't SLC be able to build a new arena... the place is growing like crazy. If you really need to make money you sell the team... making a billion or two on paper ain't gonna help.

I am going to say that if he does move the team that it will be because things have gotten so bad that he's forced to sell or relocate... he won't be looking for opportunities to move the team. If he was from Seattle or Vegas or was just a guy that didn't care much about basketball then maybe I'd be worried. The guy wanted this team for a reason... he's had opportunities to buy other teams and waited.

I gotta say tho it is sad to me the way they went out... they deserved better but the people they hired let them down..

all these sacrifices that were made to bend at the knee to hayward and he left em standing at the altar..

Millers needed to sell to save jobs and the franchise. Covid19 destroyed all their revenue sources. The new owner can weather the storm....and take advantage of any financial distress of other teams to improve the roster.

Heckua time to be in the theatre business. . .

Hope it will work fine. Some of you were expressing concerns about Millers' business taking a big hit from covid so maybe it's a good thing.