What's new

Millsap and The Stretch Provision

I'm in favor of bringing Millsap back (although I would rather have Mansap back, but I digress...). But he has to accept that we may need him primarily to come off the bench. If he isn't willing to do that then I would question his commitment to the team and winning and would be hesitant to bring him back. You can't have too many good players. But you can have too many expensive, malcontent players.

I'm in favor of bringing Millsap back (although I would rather have Mansap back, but I digress...). But he has to accept that we may need him primarily to come off the bench. If he isn't willing to do that then I would question his commitment to the team and winning and would be hesitant to bring him back. You can't have too many good players. But you can have too many expensive, malcontent players.

Make it happen mr mauler. Thanks in advance.

he needs to cover up jeffersons mistakes.
and ofcourse his attitude.

he lost motivation, who woouldnt if 95% of your minutes are next to al jefferson in alfense
Good excuse. Too bad that is exactly what it is. He played lazy and bad D all year. Jefferson's attitude is far better than Millsap's.

Good excuse. Too bad that is exactly what it is. He played lazy and bad D all year. Jefferson's attitude is far better than Millsap's.
If you really think the two play anything close to the same level of defense, you should probably stop commenting on basketball.

I'm only okay with Millsap being re-signed if he is comfortable playing as a 3rd big, and coming off the bench. I want nothing to do with him otherwise. Our young-guys have patiently waited, and worked hard to get where they are-- they both deserve to start at the beginning of next season. The last thing I want to hear Millsap pout that he's "a starter", and potentially have a negative impact in locker-room camaraderie.

Still though, he is about as ideal of a third big as they come, IF he is re-signed for around 8 mill per. He'd be a great fit for this team on both sides of the court, if he accepts the role as a 3rd big.

If you really think the two play anything close to the same level of defense, you should probably stop commenting on basketball.
Millsap used to play defense. This last year he did not. He is capable but the effort he put in this year was pathetic.

Like Dal said, if he's willing to be the 6th man, and would sign for a reasonable amount, yes. I have no confidence in the former.......at all. As such, I think moving on is the best approach.

I said months ago that I'd have loved that SA trade where we got Splitter, as I think he'd be the ideal 3rd big getting a solid amount of minutes behind the young guys. I think his value is prob inflated now and SA will likely be able to re-sign him, no? (GVC?)

Like Dal said, if he's willing to be the 6th man, and would sign for a reasonable amount, yes. I have no confidence in the former.......at all. As such, I think moving on is the best approach.

I said months ago that I'd have loved that SA trade where we got Splitter, as I think he'd be the ideal 3rd big getting a solid amount of minutes behind the young guys. I think his value is prob inflated now and SA will likely be able to re-sign him, no? (GVC?)

Only thing that worries me about Splitter is that his great-finishing ability is really predicated on pick-and-roll plays. I fear that there will be a big drop off in his production if he leaves San Antonio, as he won't be playing with one of the best penetrating guards in the NBA. Kinda like how the Jazz system made Brewer, I feat that the Spurs system really makes Tiago shine.

Either way, I'm sure he wouldn't be too shabby as a 3rd big man. I mean we're all clamouring for Tomic, who hasn't yet matched Splitter's Euroleague dominance. Completely depends on his price.

Personally, I just wanna give Tomic a shot. I seriously don't think he'd be that bad. Draft a big with the 21st pick, bring Tomic over, and draft a PG with the 14th pick/package it + whoever for a better pick. To me, these are three things I'd love to happen this offseason.