What's new

Minnesota is not a contender

This from a temp Jazz fan is pretty funny. This topic will never end. We still debate similar **** from S@M years. But generally I agree, it's a boring subject. They are both gone, we got great trades for both and it was the right choice.
Wrong assumption there. I told this last year that I was rooting for Jazz and Stockton specifically to dethrone Jordan way before Lauri was even born.

What is true is I was a very casual fan/observer of both Jazz and NBA before Lauri joined the Jazz which made me subscribe to all sorts of things.

Never been a member of Cavs, (god forbid) Bulls or any other bball message boards... but had to register here almost immediately after the trade.

So
Wrong assumption there. I told this last year that I was rooting for Jazz and Stockton specifically to dethrone Jordan way before Lauri was even born.

What is true is I was a very casual fan/observer of both Jazz and NBA before Lauri joined the Jazz which made me subscribe to all sorts of things.

Never been a member of Cavs, (god forbid) Bulls or any other bball message boards... but had to register here almost immediately after the trade.
So you knew the Jazz existed and cheered for them in the finals and become a bigger fan because Lauri is here. That isn't really different from what I said. I've cheered for 50% of the teams in the finals and had interest in them. That doesn't make me a fan of those teams. It would make me a temp fan like you are right now. Which is perfectly okay!

Side note I walked by the Finland embassy in Mozambique yesterday in my Lauri jersey. I was going to take a picture but the security didn't seem keen on the idea and they didn't know who Lauri is. But they are local staff, so it's expected.

So

So you knew the Jazz existed and cheered for them in the finals and become a bigger fan because Lauri is here. That isn't really different from what I said. I've cheered for 50% of the teams in the finals and had interest in them. That doesn't make me a fan of those teams. It would make me a temp fan like you are right now. Which is perfectly okay!

Side note I walked by the Finland embassy in Mozambique yesterday in my Lauri jersey. I was going to take a picture but the security didn't seem keen on the idea and they didn't know who Lauri is. But they are local staff, so it's expected.
I'd prefer not being labeled, and I'm not sure what purpose such label even serves. But if its important to you, feel free to hold onto to it.

You guys are still arguing over this?

That team was broken. Quin Snyder. Rudy Gobert. Donovan Mitchell. None of them were ever going to put it together if they stayed together. So they all had to go. Unfortunately, guys like Bogey, Conley and O’Neale all got caught up in the dysfunction and had to go as well.

None of it matters, which is why Danny Ainge blew it up as soon as he was able to. Thankfully, he got back two great pieces to rebuild with (Markkanen and Kessler) and enough spare change to trade in for a couple of dollars to go shopping with later.

The only thing that really matters is what they bring the Jazz back moving forward. I like both guys personally, but I hope the Timberwolves and Cavs both crash and burn into epic dumpster fires for the next several years so a couple of those picks turn into solid gold bars instead of dollar bills.

I for one enjoy your contribution to the board and an glad you are here.

Ant is getting ready for his blow up season. Not only are the wolves contenders but they will be viewed as the favorite after the 1st month. Stacked team with a true superstar.

Ant is getting ready for his blow up season. Not only are the wolves contenders but they will be viewed as the favorite after the 1st month. Stacked team with a true superstar.
Ant glow up, McDaniels leap, and what do they get for KAT... eventually. Those are the three biggest things that will determine what Minny's ceiling is.

A locked in Ant is scary as hell.

Ant glow up, McDaniels leap, and what do they get for KAT... eventually. Those are the three biggest things that will determine what Minny's ceiling is.

A locked in Ant is scary as hell.
Kessler is an anteater doe

I agree that Ant looks like he is taking the next step. However I'm not ready to buy him in MVP/Top 5 territory yet, and thus I dont think media will crown the Wolves.

In order for Minny to dethrone Nuggets and Suns as media darlings in West they need to either smoke them in head-to-head or lead the standings by a sizeable margin.

But I do think they could be viewed as contenders.

They probably have a 2 years windows. But it will also depend on how KAT-Rudy play together. Ant is huge for sure, Mike is...Mike, Mc Daniels is really good in defense. But 2 bigs are not a recipe for success.... let's see. Hope it works.

MacMahon was insinuating (or maybe outright saying, cant recall exactly) that KAT is more in the way of Ant taking the next step to super-stardom than Rudy is.

They probably have a 2 years windows. But it will also depend on how KAT-Rudy play together. Ant is huge for sure, Mike is...Mike, Mc Daniels is really good in defense. But 2 bigs are not a recipe for success.... let's see. Hope it works.
They have way longer than a 2 year window if they make the right moves. They arent in a great flexibility position, but they have options.

Rudy deal withstanding, Connelly is an excellent GM when it comes to moves. If Leonard Miller and Josh Minnott hit (like I think they will) they will be in a pretty good spot.

MacMahon was insinuating (or maybe outright saying, cant recall exactly) that KAT is more in the way of Ant taking the next step to super-stardom than Rudy is.
This makes complete sense to me. I have been saying KAT being healthy makes this minnesota team worse for a long time.

When is the last time YoungJefe popped his head out to look bad on this board?

I wish Rudy the best , he did some great things for us , yet his ceiling was met a few years ago .

We have a younger , cheaper and in my opinion , a player who showed enough that potentially has a higher ceiling then Rudy reached .

Don’t get the fascination if wolves are good or not , or who has a better chance of winning out of Rudy or Don .

It’s been a year , I’m so happy with what we got back in both returns , no way do either of them fetch anywhere near that if they are traded again .
Lmao travel back into the time machine when morons would say Walker has more potential than Rudy