What's new

Mitchell injury

Rest him til the playoffs, this isnt rocket science

If the Jazz do that, they're dropping to the third seed.

They better hope the Lakers don't swap places with the Mavs and if they do, somehow LeBron isn't back because they'll sweep the Jazz.

Hell, at this point, I think the Mavs win in a seven game series.

This season is going to end so pathetically after being atop the entire league for so long.

They better hope the Lakers don't swap places with the Mavs and if they do, somehow LeBron isn't back because they'll sweep the Jazz.

This season is going to end so pathetically after being atop the entire league for so long.
Debbie Downer has spoken.

This. Gobert is our only truly irreplaceable player. Unbelievable how many people can't see his value, especially nationally.

I'd see his value more if he didn't throw extreme hissy fits after every play that doesn't go his way. Or if he could, you know, catch a pass consistently.

I'd see his value more if he didn't throw extreme hissy fits after every play that doesn't go his way. Or if he could, you know, catch a pass consistently.
Just take him out for 3 games in a row. Everyone will see his value. My bet would be we go 1-2 at the very best, likely lose all 3. He is simply the most important player to our success.

1619393662896.gif

You guys are really weird. You go to extra heights to brag about Gobert. Mitchell is irreplaceable as well. It’s fine to say that. Doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive.

You guys are really weird. You go to extra heights to brag about Gobert. Mitchell is irreplaceable as well. It’s fine to say that. Doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive.
They are both freaking awesome studs.

I think what makes me love gobert more than Donovan is that gobert is so unique.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

When I read back over these comments, not a single one said "Gobert is irreplaceable but Mitchell is a dime-a-dozen". What has been said is that Gobert is more important to our success. It was also pointed out that we are far more successful with Mitchell or Conley out than with Gobert out. However obviously we need all of our best players to reach out best potential. It's a comparison of degrees, no one is speaking in absolutes. Except you in your claim as to what was being said.

When I read back over these comments, not a single one said "Gobert is irreplaceable but Mitchell is a dime-a-dozen". What has been said is that Gobert is more important to our success. It was also pointed out that we are far more successful with Mitchell or Conley out than with Gobert out. However obviously we need all of our best players to reach out best potential. It's a comparison of degrees, no one is speaking in absolutes. Except you in your claim as to what was being said.

Literally one post said Gobert is our only irreplaceable player. How am I supposed to interpret that?

Literally one post said Gobert is our only irreplaceable player. How am I supposed to interpret that?
That he is the only player we could not replace. Right now we have some level of redundancy at the guard position with 3 guys that can score 20+and Ingles who can handle the ball. We've already seen that even with Favors at his best we lose ground every single time Gobert sits for much more than a few minutes in a game. Hell for like 3 games in a row we saw a 15+ point lead evaporate with Gobert just resting on the bench for a few minutes. If you can't recognize the difference in impact then no one can help you.

Obviously we need all of our guys for our best chance. Mitchell does things no one else can do, that is for sure. But realistically if we lose Mitchell for 3 games we still have a decent chance of winning those games. If we lose Gobert we're lucky if we win one of them.

That he is the only player we could not replace. Right now we have some level of redundancy at the guard position with 3 guys that can score 20+and Ingles who can handle the ball. We've already seen that even with Favors at his best we lose ground every single time Gobert sits for much more than a few minutes in a game. Hell for like 3 games in a row we saw a 15+ point lead evaporate with Gobert just resting on the bench for a few minutes. If you can't recognize the difference in impact then no one can help you.

Obviously we need all of our guys for our best chance. Mitchell does things no one else can do, that is for sure. But realistically if we lose Mitchell for 3 games we still have a decent chance of winning those games. If we lose Gobert we're lucky if we win one of them.

For the regular season, sure. We can make up for Mitchell being out for a few games. When playoff time comes Mitchell is our key on the offensive end to make the Finals. Teams will start switching everything and I don’t have a lot of faith in other guys besides Mitchell to be able to consistently attack the switches and score at will.

Our entire defense is funneled through Gobert so naturally we would be ****ed on defense if he missed games. That’s a given.

Mitchell is the key for our offense in the playoffs. He is the reason we can go from 1st/2nd round exits to making the WCF/Finals. His jump on offense this year will be huge for us.

Defense is so incredibly underrated in the NBA a guy like Gobert gets head scratches when he's compared to the importance of a guy like Mitchell.

I love Mitchell. All the way. His NBA story is incredible. He is the leading scorer on possibly the best Jazz team of all time, and by possibly I mean that it's possible this is a better team than the 96-97 team and the 97-98 team (playoffs will tell that story). He's absolutely part of the core of this team.

Mitchell is irreplaceable by any player on the Jazz roster.

Gobert is irreplaceable by any player in the NBA.

Defense is so incredibly underrated in the NBA a guy like Gobert gets head scratches when he's compared to the importance of a guy like Mitchell.

I love Mitchell. All the way. His NBA story is incredible. He is the leading scorer on possibly the best Jazz team of all time, and by possibly I mean that it's possible this is a better team than the 96-97 team and the 97-98 team (playoffs will tell that story). He's absolutely part of the core of this team.

Mitchell is irreplaceable by any player on the Jazz roster.

Gobert is irreplaceable by any player in the NBA.

Depends on which era's rules we are using. This current Jazz team doesn't like it when opponents play tough and body them up all night.

Depends on which era's rules we are using. This current Jazz team doesn't like it when opponents play tough and body them up all night.
Agreed, and that's a bit disappointing. But with a 3 day all day type team I can understand that. I never expected the Utah Jazz to be the best 3pt team in the NBA, so it's hard to get my head around it. But this team, the best team in the NBA by record and several other metrics, is a 3pt hydra (hate it or love it, that's the best description I've ever seen for this team) with one guy giving this team a top 5 defense.

Without Gobert this team is a bottom 5 defense. With Gobert it is top 5. Just roll that **** around in your brain. No one else in the NBA has that kind of impact. No one.

Agreed, and that's a bit disappointing. But with a 3 day all day type team I can understand that. I never expected the Utah Jazz to be the best 3pt team in the NBA, so it's hard to get my head around it. But this team, the best team in the NBA by record and several other metrics, is a 3pt hydra (hate it or love it, that's the best description I've ever seen for this team) with one guy giving this team a top 5 defense.

Without Gobert this team is a bottom 5 defense. With Gobert it is top 5. Just roll that **** around in your brain. No one else in the NBA has that kind of impact. No one.

You mean not even Ben Simmons has that kind of impact? I’m shocked.

The issue is that Donovan gets soooooooo much hype and Gobert gets dragged by casuals all day. The difference is wild and stark.

This doesn’t even touch on that the entire game plan on both sides of the ball is reliant on Gobert.