What's new

Mitchell makes his pitch for Paul George in the Philippines

I think it was posted by Lopo on the DM highlights thread. BTW, I lived in Philippines for a few months and let me tell you, people is absolutely nuts about basketball

This kind of stuff it what shows Donovan authenticity to the franchise. He sticks his neck out there for the Jazz, not many players....if any have done this. Has anyone vocally done this before?

Now, are we getting PG? Probably not. Does Donovan have this kind of pull yet? Probably not. Should Jazz fans love Donovan even more for this? Yes, so so much....like if you don’t have his jersey yet you should. Lots of stores just restocked with all his jerseys except city edition.

Last edited:
This kind of stuff it what shows Donovan authenticity to the franchise. He sticks his neck out there for the Jazz, not many players....if any have done this. Has anyone vocally done this before?

Now, are we getting PG? Probably not. Does Donovan have this kind of pull yet? Probably not. Should Jazz fans love Donovan even more for this? Yes, so so much.
Tbh, this is exactly a time that a free agent should be considering the Jazz. Donovan is locked up for at least 7 more years. Get your long-term contract now and you’ll be there for the rise of this young man to greatness.

Now, are we getting PG? Probably not. Does Donovan have this kind of pull yet? Probably not. Should Jazz fans love Donovan even more for this? Yes, so so much....like if you don’t have his jersey yet you should. Lots of stores just restocked with all his jerseys except city edition.

I don't think it's that far-fetched. Utah has to have become a very attractive destination for players after our performance during the 2nd half of last season and the playoffs, and PG got a good taste of how wild our arena gets. That has to have some pull, along with the prospect of having a WCF candidate team if he joins us. He would be such a good fit for us right now.

Believe!

I think it was posted by Lopo on the DM highlights thread. BTW, I lived in Philippines for a few months and let me tell you, people is absolutely nuts about basketball
Why aren't they in the NBA? I mean, Filipinos are already singing for our favorite 70s/80s bands, why not playing for our favorite basketball teams?

Why aren't they in the NBA? I mean, Filipinos are already singing for our favorite 70s/80s bands, why not playing for our favorite basketball teams?

Because they suck lol. I think they choose the wrong sport to be passionate about.

I remember going to an international game between Philippines and I think France (qualifying game for the Olympics). They were awful. Their best player was Andray Blatche (yesss, that Andray Blatche). He wouldn't stop bricking 3s. It was hilarious.

This could have something to do with it: http://globalnation.inquirer.net/102688/filipinos-second-shortest-in-southeast-asia

Ave height of Filipino males is 162 cm, females is 150 cm.

Global average height of males is 173 cm, females is 160 cm.

Ave height of American males is 176 cm, females is 162 cm.

Ave height difference of 14 cm (5.5 inches) relative to Americans is pretty tough to overcome.

Tbh, this is exactly a time that a free agent should be considering the Jazz. Donovan is locked up for at least 7 more years. Get your long-term contract now and you’ll be there for the rise of this young man to greatness.
Yeah, but Donovan’s only got one year in. Is he respected? Sure. Does he have a year or two more to prove before he has that kind of weight? Yes.

I don't think it's that far-fetched. Utah has to have become a very attractive destination for players after our performance during the 2nd half of last season and the playoffs, and PG got a good taste of how wild our arena gets. That has to have some pull, along with the prospect of having a WCF candidate team if he joins us. He would be such a good fit for us right now.

Believe!
Yes and no. It depends what your other options are, etc. a perfect fit for sure. Whether he would actually choose it as an NBA vet because a respectable rookie is recruiting him is another reality entirely.

This could have something to do with it: http://globalnation.inquirer.net/102688/filipinos-second-shortest-in-southeast-asia

Ave height difference of 14 cm (5.5 inches) relative to Americans is pretty tough to overcome.

They still have tall people. I have a philipino friend who's 6'4. At this level of competition, small genetic differences in athleticism can make a huge impact.

For example, all the money in the world hasn't been enough to make Saudi Arabians not suck at sports.

They still have tall people. I have a philipino friend who's 6'4. At this level of competition, small genetic differences in athleticism can make a huge impact.

For example, all the money in the world hasn't been enough to make Saudi Arabians not suck at sports.
Just wait until we draft a 7'2" Saudi who becomes our PGOTF and leads us to a championship. He will be laughing. And I will be laughing. And the Thriller will be laughing for your callous attitude toward Saudis and your lack of concern for Filipinos to spell their names correctly. And this 7'2" PG will be laughing most at a BYU physicist who must have misunderstood what an average is.

I don’t think Mitchell entices anyone this year. However, if He takes a big leap forward this year, look out.
Agreed, it will hold more weight once he’s done it another season. Guys respect him, he’s still has to prove it wasn’t just a one year thing. Donovan’s impact on this organization will be greater than any previous player as his career continues.

Just wait until we draft a 7'2" Saudi who becomes our PGOTF and leads us to a championship. He will be laughing. And I will be laughing. And the Thriller will be laughing for your callous attitude toward Saudis and your lack of concern for Filipinos to spell their names correctly. And this 7'2" PG will be laughing most at a BYU physicist who must have misunderstood what an average is.

Pair him with a 5'3'' Saudi and you have the Saudi version of the classic Manute Bol-Mugsy Bogues duo:

I'm glad I got people to talk **** about Saudis. They ****ing deserve it!

Pair him with a 5'3'' Saudi and you have the Saudi version of the classic Manute Bol-Mugsy Bogues duo:

That would be good, except their average height would still be 6'2.5". If you could add another Saudi that was 3'7" to that "big 3," then it would satisfy colton's 162 cm average, wherein he could just conflate them with Filipinos, and simply assume that it's as if we have three 5'4" Filipinos on the roster.

I'm average but I always felt like the tallest person in the room over there. Good for gaining some confidence lol

Last edited: