What's new

Mitchell needs to start

Well, that could be. But I don't follow college ball very closely, so I knew nothing about him. He wasn't even projected as high as the Jazz drafted him, or was he? I don't even know. I only know that when I first saw him, I saw NBA greatness written all over him, and that's what I said in my first posts. If you doubt me about the negative responses I got, go back and look yourself.

No one doubts, they were deserved!

You got flack because you had the audacity to rock in here after summer league and start spewing garbage as if you were the one to discover Mitchell and everyone else was an idiot and hadnt caught on yet. Meanwhile the forum was half a dozen threads deap in DM love.

Go back and check the threads, like I said. I posted on July 5, after the first game. Check the threads and see what people said. People are just giving me crap because they don't like the honesty of my posts -- like with Exum and Rubio. It's not just disagreeing; it's personal. Like you about Exum when I posted some pessimistic things about the outcome of all his injuries, even when I had the audacity to say Mitchell was already better after the first summer league game in which Dante also played well. Or when I came out and had questions about Rubio and now the board is kind of mixed about Rubio after our early enthusiasm. So, don't give me this -- it's personal.

Man you're lucky you weren't at Jonestown nobody else would have got any Kool-Aid...

Hey, better to drink the kool-aid than abuse yourself with opoids. I guess you're one of those who thinks Simmons could be as good as LeBron. I know he's good. I didn't say Mitchell would be rookie of the year; I said he would challenge Simmons and probably be number 2.

Go back and check the threads, like I said. I posted on July 5, after the first game. Check the threads and see what people said. People are just giving me crap because they don't like the honesty of my posts -- like with Exum and Rubio. It's not just disagreeing; it's personal. Like you about Exum when I posted some pessimistic things about the outcome of all his injuries, even when I had the audacity to say Mitchell was already better after the first summer league game in which Dante also played well. Or when I came out and had questions about Rubio and now the board is kind of mixed about Rubio after our early enthusiasm. So, don't give me this -- it's personal.

Yeah, people don't like you for your honesty. Says the guy who gets butt-hurt by the truth and sends PMs because of sensitivity problems.

Dem rude posters doe.

Hey, better to drink the kool-aid than abuse yourself with opoids. I guess you're one of those who thinks Simmons could be as good as LeBron. I know he's good. I didn't say Mitchell would be rookie of the year; I said he would challenge Simmons and probably be number 2.

Mitchell has had some good games, but if you think he's challenging Simmons for ROTY, you're just showing you don't watch or like NBA basketball. Mitchell isn't even the conversation to be in the top 5 ROTY so far.

Dat homerism doe, dude.

Yeah, people don't like you for your honesty. Says the guy who gets butt-hurt by the truth and sends PMs because of sensitivity problems.

Dem rude posters doe.

Look who's calling the kettle black -- a guy who gives 4 neg reps in one week to someone who disagrees with his take on Mitchell. Now it's five, you just gave me another.

Look who's calling the kettle black -- a guy who gives 4 neg reps in one week to someone who disagrees with his take on Mitchell.

I negged you and will continue to neg you for your takes based off of your emotions and not facts.

Do you give up, or are you thirsty for more? The neg train rides all year long.

Mitchell has had some good games, but if you think he's challenging Simmons for ROTY, you're just showing you don't watch or like NBA basketball. Mitchell isn't even the conversation to be in the top 5 ROTY so far.

Dat homerism doe, dude.

He should be. But Simmons is a lock for ROY barring some injury.

#1 is clear

2-5 is debatable.

I negged you and will continue to neg you for your takes based off of your emotions and not facts.

Do you give up, or are you thirsty for more? The neg train rides all year long.

How can you keep giving me negs? I can't give you any more because I get the message you need to spread it around. I guess I need to create an alt and start giving positive reps. It's stupid, this rep thing anyway. It's all about popularity not substance. And I think you're wrong about top-5. I did see a KIA projection but it was way off. What rookie have you seen play against the Jazz who's been better than Mitchell aside from Simmons? And to be honest, I can't comment about the Sixer game because I had to turn it off I was so disgusted.

I actually think the best present comparison to a player I've seen is Grant Hill, hopefully without the injuries.

As far as opioids and self abuse go, well what the hell else i'm i supposed to do on the train?

Id have DM at 3 or 4 on that list. Haven't watched any of the kid from Chicago, his numbers are good but the Bulls are awful.

Oh yeah and you left off ball who is probably number 3 on that list.

Id have DM at 3 or 4 on that list. Haven't watched any of the kid from Chicago, his numbers are good but the Bulls are awful.

Oh yeah and you left off ball who is probably number 3 on that list.

I like Ball and think he's probably a top 5 too. That said, he's been historically bad shooting the ball this year and is beyond passive and inconsistent. No doubt in my mind, he'll have a hell of a career. I love his game.

Dat homerism doe, dude.

Watchoo talkin bout Willis?

Simmons
Tatum
Lauri
Fox
DS Jr.
Kuzma

I'd put Mitchell up there with Kuzma, Fox and DS Jr. for sure. The only real knocks on him were bad %s, gambling on D and pushing to hard at the rim. There have already been improvement in all 3 of those areas. Mitchell should deservedly be in the ROY conversation.

I'd put Mitchell up there with Kuzma, Fox and DS Jr. for sure. The only real knocks on him were bad %s, gambling on D and pushing to hard at the rim. There have already been improvement in all 3 of those areas. Mitchell should deservedly be in the ROY conversation.

You would. The general consensus of the NBA wouldn't at this point though.

I'm talking about the players who have played better and more consistent than Mitchell. Has Mitchell had a few breakout games? Yes. Has he had more ****ty, rookie-esque games? Absolutely.

I can't say I have watched much if at all of these players because I mostly just watch the Jazz games. Kuzma has super impressed me though. The Dallas guy, not at all. Lonzo, I like him, but think Mitchell is better. Is he on your list? Some of these guys are getting more minutes though. Haven't been watching Celts except for the Hayward game, so can't comment on Tatum. Yes, DM has made mistakes but what has captured my imagination is the amazing plays at crucial junctures of games that Mitchell has made, kind of Jordanesque if you ask me. Not to say, he's the next MJ. But just making the comparison when it comes to clutch performance.

The other thing about Mitchell that makes him standout to me is that he never gives up on any play. He's kind of like a basketball version of Pete Rose. He has talent but his desire and attitude make him even better. Isn't attitude and perseverance what MJ said made him so great? That is what I see in DM.