What's new

MOAR RUMORS

Jaymz

Ryan McDonald: Dennis Lindsey was as short as I’ve ever heard him be when he was asked about Trevor Booker just now
:(
Jody Genessy: German center Tibor Pleiss shooting at Jazz practice facility.
:)
Tony Jones: As free agency opens, another NBA source repeats the Utah Jazz’ interest in having Raul Neto join the team next season
=x
Jazz are about to make something happen. You can all feel it.

Got excited then read the old rumors and was sad.

You're adopted dog.

A few things seem to be brewing --

* Tibor Pleiss is working out in Utah like he expects to be here, but hasn't been signed yet.

* Jazz want to bring in Cotton and Neto, making Trey Burke seemingly displaced; he's rarely talked about.

* Jazz looking at options to move Trevor Booker.

* Jazz holding out Trey Lyles, making it seem as though he's involved in a specific trade, not just discussions.

Add it all up, and it seems to signal something.

A few things seem to be brewing --

* Tibor Pleiss is working out in Utah like he expects to be here, but hasn't been signed yet.

* Jazz want to bring in Cotton and Neto, making Trey Burke seemingly displaced; he's rarely talked about.

* Jazz looking at options to move Trevor Booker.

* Jazz holding out Trey Lyles, making it seem as though he's involved in a specific trade, not just discussions.

Add it all up, and it seems to signal something.

Hayward is rarely talked about, must mean he is being traded.

That Catchall logic.

If I had to guess - all of the deals that are in the air for the Jazz are because of free agency and expected major deal(major $$ wise). I see no other reason for us to not offer the rookies their contracts. Also Pleiss has been in Utah for a week now. I don't see any chance they haven't reached an agreement and he's still there and working out. If I had to guess - it's a done deal and they wait for the Jazz to be able to use their capspace for the FA/trade deal and then be able to offer Pleiss the MLE or regular capspace if we are not close to the cap.

About Neto - I'm not buying it. I still think it makes no sense for the Jazz to bring him over now.

How does Pleiss's deal work with regards to the cap? If we make a trade, are we limited to only playing with the rest of the cap on his deal or could we use something like the MLE or mini MLE to sign him if we go to the cap?

200_s.gif

Utah is probably PHX's trade partner if Aldridge picks the Suns. Utah would take PJ Tucker and Marcus Morris. That would be 2 good gets for Utah.

Sent from the JazzFanz app