What's new

MOAR RUMORS

A few things seem to be brewing --

* Tibor Pleiss is working out in Utah like he expects to be here, but hasn't been signed yet.

* Jazz want to bring in Cotton and Neto, making Trey Burke seemingly displaced; he's rarely talked about.

* Jazz looking at options to move Trevor Booker.

* Jazz holding out Trey Lyles, making it seem as though he's involved in a specific trade, not just discussions.

Add it all up, and it seems to signal something.

Repped. Nicely summarized. Whether or not a transaction is consummated, something is clearly up. Those who dismiss this are not connecting the dots.

LOL - This is a borderline retarded opinion. that no-one has yet called out.. That Providence fan has really got some of yall feeling some type of way.

Surely that particular move is off the table. I'll never post on this site again if they cut him to make room for Neto, no bs.

Well, if it's a close call, I am willing to sacrifice my left chuggie(but not both, give me a break!) to keep Cotton on the roster. Not sure my left chuggie would make a difference, but us Providence fans can be a wee bit nuts at times:)

LOL - This is a borderline retarded opinion. that no-one has yet called out.. That Providence fan has really got some of yall feeling some type of way.

Surely that particular move is off the table. I'll never post on this site again if they cut him to make room for Neto, no bs.

Damn, I didn't want Neto to be brought over at all and like Cotton way more than him.

But with that proposal I might be swinging towards Neto.

Damn, I didn't want Neto to be brought over at all and like Cotton way more than him.

This is all gibberish for you swing both ways, amirite?

You should probably get your hopes up!! Bryce Cotton is worth 2-3x his contract, he's not getting cut.

If I myself sound doubtful about Cotton at times, it's precisely because he's my guy. I want him on this roster, so it's only natural to be concerned when I see all the PG's being looked at. I am confident that Cotton will find a spot in the NBA and make a go of it. I would just be very disappointed if it was not the Jazz. I think they are poised to be an exciting Western Conference team, and it's only natural I want him on this team when that happens. Glad to see he does have much support here, and looking forward to Monday night and the start of SL.

According to DJJazzyJody (oh noes!!!) Neto is on SLC to discuss future. Jazz high on him but will he accept 3rd string?

Yes, he will. He will impress us incredibly and steal minutes from backup. I was always high on Neto.

I think what I find the most intriguing about Neto is his demeanor, his comparison to John Stockton : he doesn't seem to expect huge things now but works hard, uses his mind well, and plays accordingly.

I have hard time believing that Neto will play next year. We have too many point guards, and I just don't see a trade coming. The meeting is probably just a formality of sorts to make sure they know where he stands so they can keep options open in a case a trade does come up. I can see Pleiss sticking though.

I have hard time believing that Neto will play next year. We have too many point guards, and I just don't see a trade coming. The meeting is probably just a formality of sorts to make sure they know where he stands so they can keep options open in a case a trade does come up. I can see Pleiss sticking though.

I don't think players fly up for a mere formality. Formality is DL just calling the agent to check up.

I don't think players fly up for a mere formality. Formality is DL just calling the agent to check up.

this. He also really wanted to join the team last year, and spent something like three weeks in SLC just hanging with the team before he went to play for his national team. If Neto comes, I could easily see the strings going as Exum, Neto, Cotton, with Trey getting jettisoned, and Hanleh practicing w/ the team, and spending time w/ the Stampede.

Something to consider - Neto provides a different look to what our other back up PGs do - he's a gritty defender and a distributor, rather than scorer at the PG who doesn't provide much defense(Cotton, Burke, Hanlan). That versatility might be something the FO values enough in order to bring Neto in and release/trade some of the the others.

Something to consider - Neto provides a different look to what our other back up PGs do - he's a gritty defender and a distributor, rather than scorer at the PG who doesn't provide much defense(Cotton, Burke, Hanlan). That versatility might be something the FO values enough in order to bring Neto in and release/trade some of the the others.

um .. isn't that just doubling up on what exum does ???

mate have you been drinking again lol i mean if neto is the backup and that's his style of play then he's doing the same things as X

Yes, and we might need that from a backup. Now we have 1 PG who can play defense and 3 who can't. If I had to choose I'd choose to have 2 of each type if the difference in quality is negligible.

mate have you been drinking again lol i mean if neto is the backup and that's his style of play then he's doing the same things as X

The post you responded to specifically said backup PG, and you responded with Exum, who is not a backup. Pretty straight forward.