What's new

Monday Spurs VS Jazz 7 PM ET ---- Front row seat!

Spoken like someone who has simply accepted racism in some of its forms. Not much you can do to persuade people who don't give enough **** to even try to understand it let alone change it.

I hope we have time to get into medicaid, minimum wage, pensions, immigration laws, public transportation, abortion, euthanasia, obesity, death penalty, guns, GMOs, vaccines, hormones, corn syrup, gang-control, marijuana, prostitution, gay marriage.... did i miss any? ....animal rights, free trade, global warming, war on terror, social security, and affirmative action.... because that's why i came to the game thread.

I think that nba owners or people in power vs a jazz fanz poster is apples to oranges. Just my opinion.

It doesn't matter who says the words, what matters is the person or people on the receiving end. If someone on this board is offended by something, it's not on you to try and convince them to not be offended. Just my opinion

I hope we have time to get into medicaid, minimum wage, pensions, immigration laws, public transportation, abortion, euthanasia, obesity, death penalty, guns, GMOs, vaccines, hormones, corn syrup, gang-control, marijuana, prostitution, gay marriage.... did i miss any? ....animal rights, free trade, global warming, war on terror, social security, and affirmative action.... because that's why i came to the game thread.

Rudy Gobert is the solution. Seriously.

Black Jesus has resurrected.

Hey kudos to Burke as of late, he's showing a higher IQ and he wasn't shooting those forced baskets we were used to seeing. If he embraces this role I don;t mind him sticking around. Now when Exum works on his ball handle and gets it to be as good as Burke's, ohhhhh boy. That kid has something I'm telling you guys, he was even showing some attitude tonight.

You were saying the reason racism is so powerful is because of the power the offender has over the offendee.

So what power does the jazz fan poster have over the people of mexico I ask you?

Hell I don't even remember the posters name. All this talk about his comment is probably empowering him tbh.

You're thinking like a white dude living in America. It's the historical inequality that make these words heinous. If I come on here and start calling people of African descent the N-word, then I should be banned. Obviously it doesn't hurt them physically, but it promulgates racism. You need to understand why Richard Prior could call people of a similar descent the n-word but why he said he would rip a white woman's face off if she did the same thing.

If you're a minority in any scope, I will be quiet.

No, because screw the Thunder. They are in our division. Can't wait to destroy them. Hope they lose every game from here until forever.

Part of me loves trades, because i find some weird joy in watching the traded player battle against their former teammates. I've fallen victim to the hype machine that is the NBA

That is the first time I have seen Duncan scared since he faced Ostertag in his first RMR game. . .

dude, apologies if the meaning carries something different to you which it obviously does. Here caucasian people from a northern state refer to other caucasians from a southern state as "mexicans" with nothing but humorous intent. It has nothing to do with racial hatred or casual racism, merely geography. Going by your reaction obviously such tensions are a big deal there, apologies again for the loss in translation. Take a breath, accept my apology, move on.

1)It was the use of "feral" mexicans that made it offensive, because it is.

2)An apology isn't general viewed as ingenuous when you try to skirt blame. Either apologize or don't but don't play politician, it's gross.

If you're a minority in any scope, I will be quiet.

Half Mexican, with a Mexican wife, and 2 Mexican children... but I live in inner Ogden, where being Mexican doesn't necessarily make you a minority.

Let's get back on track.

I think the team will end up with too good a record to land a decent pick. We practically MUST find a good wing in free agency.

/Pray for Middleton (or something).

God dammit I will NOT let this thread derail. It was too good of a win.

[video]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/C4BF6794711181831648216743936_SW_WEBM_1424744831469b29476c1e4.mp4?versionId=JbjDx5HKNmCJTQ7xFGAKIZS0Woi9jpXi

Poor Duncan. Spurs fans wouldn't stop whining the whole game. I love this team defense and attitude

Half Mexican, with a Mexican wife, and 2 Mexican children... but I live in inner Ogden, where being Mexican doesn't necessarily make you a minority.

Any of you feral? :p

Yeah, I'm dumb for wanting the former NBA Championship MVP who can defend Lebron James and is still really young.

Lebron? He can't even shut down Hayward who is, what was that quote, "a poor man's Hedo Türkoğlu."

8994edd8a421952b321234fee9d332583f503ea80178f9aae8471d759c78c91c.jpg

It doesn't matter who says the words, what matters is the person or people on the receiving end. If someone on this board is offended by something, it's not on you to try and convince them to not be offended. Just my opinion
Solid post.

I should keep my opinions to myself