What's new

More Important REAL CENTER or WING SCORER?

More Important REAL CENTER OR WING SCORER?

• Real Center (Clogs lane)

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Wing Scorer

Votes: 34 75.6%

• Total voters
There is an interesting center that might be available in the second round called Keith Benson. He is 6'11, long, and a definite shot blocker (3.6 avg). He does need to bulk up some but is a senior and could probably contribute more than Fes right off the bat. He has maintained a fantastic 30 PER for the last 3 years in college. Again the weight is the biggest issue if he could add 20 pounds would be a very nice player.

https://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Keith-Benson-5712/

Glad to see at least some people understand basketball fundamentals. With Milwaukee looking like they will need a full rebuild, Bogut will be on the market. If I'm KOC I offer Millsap or Jefferson + our pick for Mr Bogut's defensive services. They have Larry Sanders to take over at center so might just bite. The wing can be addressed with the #12 pick (Burks or Leonard), or with Golden States pick next year.

Bogut and Jefferson look great together on paper. I'd hit that route before offering Jeff. Sap + Favors or later 1st round + money filler is all I'd give though. Favors has plenty of upside and Sap has huge market value. If they aren't enough for Bogut then pass.

Bogut and Jefferson look great together on paper. I'd hit that route before offering Jeff. Sap + Favors or later 1st round + money filler is all I'd give though. Favors has plenty of upside and Sap has huge market value. If they aren't enough for Bogut then pass.

I gotta disagree with you here, homie. There is no way that I'm dealing Favors AND other assets for Bogut.

It'd be nice as hell to get Bogut here, but I doubt we have what it takes to gettr' done.

I guess my real issue concerning the Bogut talk is this: if it is true that both MIL and UTAH are in rebuilding modes, then we both want high picks and cash... so, how can we help each other out if we need the same things? They're not going to be interested in a trade which features Bogut for AJ as the main moving pieces because it doesn't accomplish anything. Now, they may be interested in Millsap for money savings, but we'd probably have to give them a high pick and take on a bad contract (Salmons? Gooden? Maggette?). Would MIL be interested in:

Utah trades: Millsap + GS pick next year + Okur (salary/expiring) + filler
Mil trades: Bogut + bad contract

?

I don't think so.

I guess my real issue concerning the Bogut talk is this: if it is true that both MIL and UTAH are in rebuilding modes, then we both want high picks and cash... so, how can we help each other out if we need the same things? They're not going to be interested in a trade which features Bogut for AJ as the main moving pieces because it doesn't accomplish anything. Now, they may be interested in Millsap for money savings, but we'd probably have to give them a high pick and take on a bad contract (Salmons? Gooden? Maggette?). Would MIL be interested in:

Utah trades: Millsap + GS pick next year + Okur (salary/expiring) + filler
Mil trades: Bogut + bad contract

?

I don't think so.

Again, a lot of it would depend on how confident they were in Sanders feature, they did take him with their 15th pick after all. Instead of us giving them the pick, they may want to send us a bad contract like Salmons in return for a shorter bad contract of our own (Okur). I'm not sure if saving our pick is worth all those years of John Salmons overpaid sucktitude.

the most natural trading partner in the league for us right now is Indiana. We have what they need: a starting PF. They have what we need: a young wing.

UTAH trades: Jefferson + CJ
INDY trades: Paul George + James Posey (salary match) + filler

GETTTR' DONE!

edit: a front court of AJ + Hibbert, along with Indy's other pieces, looks damn good... maybe as good as any front court in the East, IMO. Indy has to be interested in this.

the most natural trading partner in the league for us right now is Indiana. We have what they need: a starting PF. They have what we need: a young wing.

GETTTR' DONE!

Indy is a half court team so may be intrigued by the massive duo of Hibbert and Jefferson. The Jazz could then hand George, who is progressing rapidly, the keys to SF and let AK walk with a clear conscience.

Indy is a half court team so may be intrigued by the massive duo of Hibbert and Jefferson. The Jazz could then hand George, who is progressing rapidly, the keys to SF and let AK walk with a clear conscience.

that's what I'm sayin'!
I think we can get a serviceable big man (for the bench) and an additional wing in this draft, so this move makes a bunch of sense for a rebuilding Jazz, IMO

Hmmm trade a guy that has been producing around 30 and 12 and 2 for the last couple weeks and Miles for Posey and a nice young rookie. The Jazz would get so much more for Big Al but I don't want Big Al gone. Why does everyone want him out? I'd rather trade Millsap, get a good 2 guard and then sign a defensive center like Chandler or Jordan in the offseason.

Then you got a front line of Big Al, Favors and Chandler/Jordan and Memo(Assume he is not traded). That would be the best big rotation in the league IMO

Hmmm trade a guy that has been producing around 30 and 12 and 2 for the last couple weeks and Miles for Posey and a nice young rookie. The Jazz would get so much more for Big Al but I don't want Big Al gone. Why does everyone want him out? I'd rather trade Millsap, get a good 2 guard and then sign a defensive center like Chandler or Jordan in the offseason.

Then you got a front line of Big Al, Favors and Chandler/Jordan and Memo(Assume he is not traded). That would be the best big rotation in the league IMO

As far as I understand things, the Jazz will not have the money to sign (nor will they have the talent to lure) Chandler or Jordan. Chandler will sign with a competitor, and Jordan is going to stay in LA.

My reason for trading AJ is pretty simple: I just don't think he wants to be a part of another rebuilding process, and thus I can see him being hard on team chemistry and continuing to be bad on team defense and rebounding. We need to change team chemistry on all these fronts.

George has serious upside and Posey can come in for is one year and play gritty defense for his next (last) contract. We give them CJ cuz we don't want him anymore and he fills the gap at SF in Indy.

Has there been an NBA champion with out a scoring wing

Kobe
Kobe
Pierce
Ginobili a little stretch here
Wade
Ginobili
Hamilton
None here Stephen Jackson but he was only 11 ppt
Kobe
Kobe
Kobe
Elliot but another big stretch
Jordan
Jordan
Jordan
Drexler
Drexler
Jordan
Jordan
Jordan

Look the argument begins and ends wth this statement....... True dominant big C's don't grow on tree's nuff said end of story close the book this discussion is over.

Agree. Wth trade big al? Next question why the hell trade big al for this package?

GETTTR' DONE!

edit: a front court of AJ + Hibbert, along with Indy's other pieces, looks damn good... maybe as good as any front court in the East, IMO. Indy has to be interested in this.

This is a terrible trade for Utah. Of our rotation at PF Millsap is the one who needs to go, or become our 6th man. Not Jefferson. He is quickly looking like our on the court leader and one of the few players that has not looked like he is hanging his head.

Has there been an NBA champion with out a scoring wing

Kobe
Kobe
Pierce
Ginobili a little stretch here
Wade
Ginobili
Hamilton
None here Stephen Jackson but he was only 11 ppt
Kobe
Kobe
Kobe
Elliot but another big stretch
Jordan
Jordan
Jordan
Drexler
Drexler
Jordan
Jordan
Jordan

Gasol
Gasol
Garnett
Duncan
Shaq
Duncan
Wallace/Wallace
Duncan
Shaq
Shaq
Shaq
Duncan/Robinson
<<Bulls>>
Hakeem
Hakeem (Drexler wasn't on this team, just Kenny Anderson and Sam Cassel)
<<Bulls>>

No scoring wing has won a chip without an elite big man....except for Jordan.

That said, everyone is hoping that Favors is our big. So unless Kanter makes a real improvement over a Center rotation that includes Jefferson/Favors/Tomic, we should use our top pick on an elite scoring wing like Barnes, T. Jones, Derrick Williams...also take a hard look at Perry Jones and Jan Vesely.

I gotta disagree with you here, homie. There is no way that I'm dealing Favors AND other assets for Bogut.

It'd be nice as hell to get Bogut here, but I doubt we have what it takes to gettr' done.

I have to watch Favors more, but I mostly agree. All I'm saying is AJ for Bogut makes no sense for either team, as you pointed out. I wouldn't really want to give much for Bogut at this point unless I thought he would be the difference maker for the Jazz to become top 3 Western contender. You'd need Bogut, AJ, Harris, Millsap, and something to fill the Event Horizon Duo that's currently sucking all life from this team. Those four are a great core, but only if LA ages fast, other LA doesn't add, and OKC gets injured.

Your Indiana idea is good but lacks a veteran center. Jazz aren't finding a 7 footer in the draft who can play 30 minutes per in a rookie uni. There aren't a whole lot of centers coming off book that the Jazz could get or would want.

A great center is almost always better to have than a great wing, but I think we are the exception. We actually have some pretty decent PF/C's who are young and improving (Millsap, Jefferson, Favors). However, I don't think we have any SG/SF that is currently worthy of starting on a playoff-caliber roster.

The player the Jazz should be drafting to replace is Raja. They can put Hayward or Miles at either the 2 or the 3, but the Jazz should go for a scoring wing unless Kanter is just the total shizznit, and he's available.