What's new

Most Generous Rep Giver

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Midnight

#Baby_Talk
Contributor
Is there a ranking of this somewhere I can look up?

If not - is there a way of finding this out somehow? Wouldn't this be a nice stat to know?

He is bitchin about colton's rep power coup.

I think this is an important area. It would be like torrent sites. Everyone would have a Ratio point of reps received/reps given.

If not - is there a way of finding this out somehow? Wouldn't this be a nice stat to know?

Jason might be able to dig it out of the system somehow, but there's no way that I know of.

Jason might be able to dig it out of the system somehow, but there's no way that I know of.

May be you can make this info available on a monthly basis like a top 10 rep giver (not counting neg-rep of course). In many ways I think it will be good for the site.

- encourage good behaviour

- encourage participation

- encourage positive attitude

- create a more positive/generous community

I personally think Core 4 or EnesTearYouApart our the best rep givers!
I probably wouldn't be on this kind of list. Because I'm not that old member here and I have taken lots of absences.

Actually, I don't know how could the mods or Jason list the most generous rep givers. Given reps but per what? Post count, total days of membership or just total reps given? None of them makes sense to me to compare posters.

I probably wouldn't be on this kind of list. Because I'm not that old member here and I have taken lots of absences.

Actually, I don't know how could the mods or Jason list the most generous rep givers. Given reps but per what? Post count, total days of membership or just total reps given? None of them makes sense to me to compare posters.

Doesn't matter how many rep power you have, I just wanna know, irregardless of Rep Power:

- How many times does a person give out pos-rep per month?

- How many times does a person give out neg-rep per month?

A public ranking of this should:

Doesn't matter how many rep power you have, I just wanna know, irregardless of Rep Power:

- How many times does a person give out pos-rep per month?

- How many times does a person give out neg-rep per month?

A public ranking of this should:

Good explanation and not a bad idea. You should add this post to your OP. I thought you were looking for the most generous rep givers ever or something like that. Being able to see the given reps per a time period such as per week or preferably per month would be nice.

Good explanation and not a bad idea. You should add this post to your OP. I thought you were looking for the most generous rep givers ever or something like that. Being able to see the given reps per a time period such as per week or preferably per month would be nice.

Well I think Mods/Admin peruse the Site Feedback threads pretty regularly anyway so hopefully they'll see this discussion.. but yeah I think a ranking like this of some kind should help to encourage good behaviour both in terms of:

1) quality of posts; and

2) recognition of good posts

That's gotta be good for the site and the fan base.

Well I think Mods/Admin peruse the Site Feedback threads pretty regularly anyway so hopefully they'll see this discussion.. but yeah I think a ranking like this of some kind should help to encourage good behaviour both in terms of:

1) quality of posts; and

I don't know whether it would do much for this, perhaps it would, but I agree with some of your points. It might encourage people to use the rep system more frequently. I don't use it often at all, and maybe allowing people to see my horrid usage rates would light a fire under my butt.

I don't know whether it would do much for this, perhaps it would, but I agree with some of your points. It might encourage people to use the rep system more frequently. I don't use it often at all, and maybe allowing people to see my horrid usage rates would light a fire under my butt.

Exactly, Exactly.

In my honest opinion, I think this site could use an injection of 'positivity' somewhere, somehow. This is one way to do it. Take a look at this, this is what additionary said in another thread:

Receiving pos rep makes me feel happy. If I log in jazzfanz and I see the notifications button gone black, and if there are likes, reps and messages waiting to be seen, I click reps first. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna whore for it. If I wanna screw around, I screw around.

Obviously getting a pos-rep can lift someone's spirit and create a much more positive community feel. Promoting & encouraging pos-rep I think is one way you could bring some positivity to the table.

1) quality of posts; and

Didn't suggest it for the mods to see bro, most of the posters skip threads fast(like me:D), and even close the thread if they don't find the OP interesting enough(again, like I did for this thread before :D)

Didn't suggest it for the mods to see bro, most of the posters skip threads fast(like me:D), and even close the thread if they don't find the OP interesting enough(again, like I did for this thread before :D)

It is posible to get things done around here. Jason was kind enough to enable the "Quote Notification" function which has served me very well so far for a year now. I would have missed a ton of posts if this function does not exist.

Hopefully this idea gains a bit more traction going forward :)

It is posible to get things done around here. Jason was kind enough to enable the "Quote Notification" function which has served me very well so far for a year now. I would have missed a ton of posts if this function does not exist.

Hopefully this idea also gain a bit more traction going forward :)

Hopefully this idea gains a bit more traction going forward :)

Is it already one year?

Wow time goes by really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.