What's new

Most Generous Rep Giver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, Exactly.

In my honest opinion, I think this site could use an injection of 'positivity' somewhere, somehow. This is one way to do it. Take a look at this, this is what additionary said in another thread:

Obviously getting a pos-rep can lift someone's spirit and create a much more positive community feel. Promoting & encouraging pos-rep I think is one way you could bring some positivity to the table.

Pos-rep is a good thing to lift someone's spirit up, but only if he knows he is getting good feedback because of whatever he wrote. I have come across many love circles in my lifetime of this kind of experience and I can easily say that it's in human nature to form up gangs and watch each other's back while benefiting the exploitation of the system by only giving to each other and no one else.

In my opinion, this takes the whole bunch of enthusiasm away from the reputation system. The first thing to lift me up here is not the rep votes I received. I don't give a dang to them in the long run. It's just that they are rare and they are a sign of somebody gave up something valuable (in the codes of this artificially set up community) and I feel flattered by inspiring someone to do something like that.

What makes me happier than anything however, is that when a person shares his feelings or experiences about his life or an event that bugs him a lot, and he gets personal about it, opening his heart, being intimate, trusting us, crediting us a meaningful value, then I strongly feel that this community is not just some internet forum to waste some time but actually a real deal psycho-social living space for the thoughts of the minds of many active ones that dwell in here. That's what makes this site important to me and it is what is above the rep thingie.

Pos-rep is a good thing to lift someone's spirit up, but only if he knows he is getting good feedback because of whatever he wrote. I have come across many love circles in my lifetime of this kind of experience and I can easily say that it's in human nature to form up gangs and watch each other's back while benefiting the exploitation of the system by only giving to each other and no one else.

In my opinion, this takes the whole bunch of enthusiasm away from the reputation system. The first thing to lift me up here is not the rep votes I received. I don't give a dang to them in the long run. It's just that they are rare and they are a sign of somebody gave up something valuable (in the codes of this artificially set up community) and I feel flattered by inspiring someone to do something like that.

What makes me happier than anything however, is that when a person shares his feelings or experiences about his life or an event that bugs him a lot, and he gets personal about it, opening his heart, being intimate, trusting us, crediting us a meaningful value, then I strongly feel that this community is not just some internet forum to waste some time but actually a real deal psycho-social living space for the thoughts of the minds of many active ones that dwell in here. That's what makes this site important to me and it is what is above the rep thingie.

Well this isn't gonna take anything away from that whatsoever. All that will still be going on.

People will actually be more happy to share something in what they perceive to be a positive environment, a positive community.

Well this isn't gonna take anything away from that whatsoever. All that will still be going on.

People will actually be more happy to share something in what they perceive to be a positive environment, a positive community.

I don't believe in the pure positiveness of anything society related. Society is a system of interrelations and subsystems that always put a cosmic type balance between the people living on earth as long as the nearly-old-as-humanity exploitation system exists. Positivism fools luckier people to believe in the perfectness of anything socially constructed. You might wanna light up a few pots, get dizzy and giggle to yourself and think everything will be fine as long as we stay positive, but the real life is based on balance, where you need to be not-so-positive when people are coming at you like they don't give a ding-a-ling about anything. The whole existence is based on balance, and Earth is not an exception.

But I do would love to reach the world you've suggested. I'm not a big fan of conflict -the meaningless ones of'em.

Conflict carries you forward, because there are many wrong paths crossed on your way between you and the ones against you. Either you or them change and both of you go forward until nothing is left behind to bother the higher thoughts. Of course we can see many events ending in an opposing way to this, but I believe balance works with the magic tool of conflict to sort any kind of wrong attitude past and make it right.

Good idea, but leave out the neg rep stats. Guys like me would try to top that list just for funsies, which would counteract what you're shooting for.

Good idea, but leave out the neg rep stats. Guys like me would try to top that list just for funsies, which would counteract what you're shooting for.

I have faith in your ability to find a way to mess it up no matter what is included and excluded. I believe.

Good save. Repped.

It wasn't a save lol. That is really how I meant it. That you could look at any system they set up and find a way to have some fun with it. I laugh at the vast majority of your posts and I enjoy your persona.

Yup agree with this, let's just stick to the week's ranking of 'positive rep giver' not counting rep power, just counting the amount of time pos-rep has been given out in a particular week. May be like a top-10 type ranking?

Jason - is this something you can find out or write a quick program to find out?

It wasn't a save lol. That is really how I meant it. That you could look at any system they set up and find a way to have some fun with it. I laugh at the vast majority of your posts and I enjoy your persona.
One of those awkward moments when people think you were busting your buns to save the situation, but you actually weren't even thinking about it, huh?

I hate those moments.

^^ He doesn't like it because the reps you can give out in a day are capped and he doesn't like capped things.

I happen to know without a doubt who this person is. However, I don't think this info would be of much use, considering that trou...er..the poster in question is just repping his alts 95% of the time. Not really generosity so much as a quest to rule Jazzfanz.

gayest thread ever.

Yup, thanks again, Stroked.

I happen to know without a doubt who this person is. However, I don't think this info would be of much use, considering that trou...er..the poster in question is just repping his alts 95% of the time. Not really generosity so much as a quest to rule Jazzfanz.

Lies!

This is just not truth my friends. Alts are for the girly men who cant hack it at Mother Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.