Do you know Muhammad's mother's name?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Duck Rodgers

Do you know it?

from the Keyna Mall shooting topic - that was apparently one of their weeding out mechanisms to decide who to shoot:

Men, women and children slaughtered if they could not recite Koran or name Prophet Mohammed's mother

I think it's safe to say we would all be sussed out and deader than a hammer if we had to recite the Koran, but I'm curious how many would have "passed" the mother question.

There is a video on liveleak were these terrorists kill a bunch of Shia's because they didn't know how many times you bow down during the morning prayer, I would link but don't want infraction.

Keep in mind it is the bad events that make the news and not the good events.

A few thousand acres of bad apples are giving Islam a bad name.

There is a video on liveleak were these terrorists kill a bunch of Shia's because they didn't know how many times you bow down during the morning prayer, I would link but don't want infraction.

Keep in mind it is the bad events that make the news and not the good events.

The catch is that they have different numbers for that in their separate sects. So basically kill anyone who is not from your sect. Just like the Syrian "rebels" we take in Turkey.

You might want to throw some butt kissers in there too. Something like Sayyid Athar Sultana Aminah bint Wahb

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I'd definitely shoot you if you said that.

Edit: I figured it out with some thought. It reads:

Mr. Holiness Sultan Aminah bint Wahab.

Yep, you'd get shot.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I'd definitely shoot you if you said that.

Edit: I figured it out with some thought. It reads:

Mr. Holiness Sultan Aminah bint Wahab.

Yep, you'd get shot.

Athar = pure

Sultana = Mother of sultan

Sayyid(a) Athar Sultana Aminah bint Wahb would totally work. Anybody else out there of Arabic origin? I know Siro is Syrian or something, but I'm pretty sure he is wrong.

Athar = pure

Sultana = Mother of sultan

Sayyid(a) Athar Sultana Aminah bint Wahb would totally work. Anybody else out there of Arabic origin?

Hmm. Athar is purer, but that's close enough. There is no such word as Sultana. You're just feminizing the word Sultan. Try this:

Al-Sayyida Al-mukaramah Aminah Bint Wahab.

Blessed Lady Aminah Bint Wahab.

Hmm. Athar is purer, but that's close enough. There is no such word as Sultana. You're just feminizing the word Sultan. Try this:

Al-Sayyida Al-mukaramah Aminah Bint Wahab.

Blessed Lady Aminah Bint Wahab.

No way. I'm stubborn. I'm sticking with mine and taking the bullet if it comes out unintelligible. And if they ask me who my favorite Jazz player ever is, I'm saying David Bin Wah.

Serious Q. What part of the qur'an do they feel justifies or requires that they kill all unbelievers, what is the text and translation? And how is that interpreted differently by peaceful muslims?

Serious Q. What part of the qur'an do they feel justifies or requires that they kill all unbelievers, what is the text and translation? And how is that interpreted differently by peaceful muslims?

The one that gathers most flak is this one, I believe. Note how it should say idolaters-- its been mistranslated as 'infidel' ad nauseum:

(9:5) And when the forbidden months have passed, kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they repent and observe Prayer and pay the Zakat, then leave their way free. Surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.

In case you are not well-versed in your 600-700 AD Middle Eastern history, the Arabian peninsula was a war-torn region. The prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was persecuted for 13 years, akin to the prophets Abraham and Jesus (pbut). Initially, Muslims were instructed to avoid confronting their enemies, and to escape to Medina. After they left, the Meccans attacked them in Medina on and off for a period of nine years until this 9th chapter of the Quran, was revealed by the angel Gabriel.

Again, when you look at the context of that whole chapter, or the historical context of what that passage was supposed to be meant for, I think it begins to make more sense. Please ask more questions if I haven't really clarified it.

Now, for fun, I'll post a couple other quotes:

Surely, those who believe and the Jews and the Christians and the Sabians - whichever party from among these truly believes in God and the Last Day and does good deeds, shall have their reward with their Lord, and no fear shall come upon then nor shall they grieve (2:63)

Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors.(2:190)

There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion.(2: 256)

And do not argue with the People of the Scripture (Christians and Jews) except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say we believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him." (29: 46)
A couple interesting ones:

You will surely find the most intense of the people in animosity toward [Muslims to be] the Jews and those who associate others with God ; and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians." That is because among them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant.

"Oh People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion, nor say of God anything but the truth. Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, was (no more than) a messenger of God, and His Word which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him. So believe in God and His messengers. Say not, 'Trinity.' Desist! It will be better for you, for God is One God, Glory be to Him! (Far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs" (4:171)

^ last quote simply highlights one of the fundamental differences between Christianity and Islam-- figured I'd include it for those who never knew.