What's new

Multiple Reports: LeBron Plans To Choose Miami Heat

Guitaro

https://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67957/20100708/report_lebron_to_pick_miami_heat/

LeBron James has decided to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, according to multiple sources that spoke with Newsday.

"Multiple sources are telling Newsday that LeBron James has decided to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami," wrote Hahn on his original Tweet, posted shortly after midnight Eastern. "The new Big Three is here."

Just over one hour later, ESPN's Chris Broussard reported that James will indeed choose Miami, barring a last minute change of heart.

RealGM Note: The headline on Newsday's sport page reads 'Sources: LeBron leaning towards choosing Heat.'

The news of the 10-11 NBA salary cap being at $58.044M creates additional cap room for James, Wade and Bosh to get closer to a maximum contract.

James is scheduled to announce his final decision live on ESPN at 9:00 PM EST on Thursday.

James met with the Knicks, Nets, Heat, Clippers, Cavaliers and Bulls in that order last week.

The Heat only have Michael Beasley ($4.962M) and Mario Chalmers ($854k) under contract for the 10-11 season.

Wade and Bosh stated their intention to sign with the Heat on Wednesday morning.

Via Alan Hahn/Newsday (via Twitter)

Read more: https://realgm.com/src_wiretap_arch...port_lebron_to_pick_miami_heat/#ixzz0t4OPubiM

So the Big Three and a bunch of rookies and vets at the minimum.
Upside: there will now be a team capable of beating those %*$()*)^ Lakers.
Downside: one of those guys goes down and it's over for the Heat.

No doubt the absence of state income tax in Florida lessens the "hit" these guys take if they don't get MAX contracts.

They can re-sign Haslem, even if they're over the cap, and any other player that played there last year.
Plus, they can sign any draft picks they had. I don't remember if they had any 2nd round picks this year or not.

Hmm...Does this mean James, Wade and Bosh all lose fantasy value?

Is James still the number one pick? I think his stats go down. All three will have their stats diminish somewhat...

Family, Friends Divided Over LeBron's Miami Decision
https://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67960/20100708/family_friends_divided_over_lebrons_miami_decision/

Chris Paul has urged LeBron James to stay in Cleveland and let new Cavaliers coach Byron Scott coach him, according to sources.

Paul is one of James' closest friends.

James' family and friends are divided over his decision to play in Miami, according to sources.

Read more: https://basketball.realgm.com/src_w...ed_over_lebrons_miami_decision/#ixzz0t5BaZFoz

I don't believe it. Personally, I suspect this is all leaks designed to increase the "impact" of his special tomorrow.

i agree. i dont believe that lebron is going to miami. If he was going to miami, they would have all announced at the same time. Him going to miami at this point would make him look weak.

I could see chicago just because of the supporting cast, but ultimately i believe he will stay in cleveland.

I'm think Bosh & Wade & LeBron will all take just a little less than max so they can fill out their roster. Was there really any report on how much Bosh & Wade signed for?

well 2 of the top 3 in the league and 3 of the top 10 will be playing in south beach. Scary.

Maybe, Bosh always manages to perform in international games.

I think this is also a move that lengthens Wade's career a good margin... him being the speed demon/team leader/ undaunted slasher he really just destroys his body. But if Lebron and Bosh are there the offense can be more organized and not require wade to kill himself every game.

Imagine if Beasley panned out as well (If he isn't already gone). St8 deadly that team is.

This will be interesting to see it works out, if they win ZERO rings, then it will turn out to be a HORRIBLE career desicion for all 3. They wont be able to put up the elite individual stats they could on separate teams. No more MVP's for Lebron, maybe Dwill has a shot now.

500x_custom_1278618830336_greenwich2.jpg

The disadvantaged youth LeBron is helping out with tonight's telecast.

I'm going to ask SimpleTool's *** hole for Lotto Numbers when I head up to Idaho this weekend.

Last edited:
I just read Bill Simmons column.
And this move could murder basketball for the next 5 years. Not because Dwade, Bron, and Bosh aren't all likeable characters. But because they'll either be great for nothing (like tenth graders beating 6th graders in basketball... not bragworthy) or they'll be the largest disappointment of the decade... this is a failed move even if they only win 1 championship. It will reorganize the thinking of gm's, that its not all about superstars, and that may be a good thing or a terrible thing, because superstars fuel this league. Just like the team fuels football, like team players fuel hockey, and statistics fuel baseball.

So for the love of god
Lebron choose Chicago or New York.

I just read Bill Simmons column.
And this move could murder basketball for the next 5 years. Not because Dwade, Bron, and Bosh aren't all likeable characters. But because they'll either be great for nothing (like tenth graders beating 6th graders in basketball... not bragworthy) or they'll be the largest disappointment of the decade... this is a failed move even if they only win 1 championship. It will reorganize the thinking of gm's, that its not all about superstars, and that may be a good thing or a terrible thing, because superstars fuel this league. Just like the team fuels football, like team players fuel hockey, and statistics fuel baseball.

So for the love of god
Lebron choose Chicago or New York.

Completely disagree.

Here's a fun thought if Lebron went to Miami (and I still think he won't): lets say that the team is disappointing and its widely concluded there just aren't enough balls on the court for Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Lebron and Wade find it difficult to be effective with each other on the court (this wouldn't be totally surprising given that they are #1 and #2 in usage rate). Miami would have to trade one of them. They have to trade away Dwayne Wade right? If for no other reason than their ages. How awkward is that? Everyone migrates to Wade's team and then he's the one most likely to get jettisoned if they disappoint? Wow.

I don't remember where I read it, but Lebron is going to vacation in South Beach no matter what happens, so don't read into that. However, it is an interesting choice.

Regardless, Lebron could still change his mind. It's really all still up to him.